• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Still being charged for George Perez signing
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Hello. I had submitted 4 books for the George Perez signing. 2 of them were to also be pressed.

On February 2, I was charged $40 for the pressing and the charge is already cleared on my card. Also at that time, I saw that my Order #CGC3210254627 was split into 2 submissions, #4000249 (non-pressed books) and #4000250 (pressed books). Since February 2, they’ve shown they were received on February 1, and their status are “Scheduled for Grading” and “Received at CCS.”

This confused me as I believe those statuses are only for when signing has completed and the books have moved to grading or pressing. Did George somehow manage to sign certain books before becoming hospitalized? Or are these statuses inaccurate?

Further confusing me, I have a pending charge for $183 on my card, which is the total for the 2 books that aren’t pressed. 

Would someone please update me on the status of my order? Are these charges mistakes and will they be refunded, or do I need to contact my card issuer to have them refunded? Or did some orders get signed and will be completed?

Sorry for all the questions and I hope this can be cleared up soon. Thanks and have a great day!

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Right now, our Signature Series team is working very hard to get emails out to everyone that submitted for the George Perez signing.  The email outlines all of the available options for your books.  Some orders for this signing that have been here for some time may have already been charged.  Depending on what option you select for your books, you would either get a full refund or partial refund depending on if we are just sending them back to you as is or if you still wanted to have them graded.  

Due to the high volume of submissions received for this signing, it will take about a week to get to everyone that submitted.  But, in the meantime, if you do want to speak with someone about the signing, you can reach our Signature Series department at: privatesignings@cgccomics.com and they can assist you further.

Thank you!

Thank you, Jennifer, for the fast reply!

I just received the e-mail from Private Signings and replied that I just want my books back raw and ungraded, and a full refund (and also mentioned that I have already had 2 charges to my credit card).

One thing did confuse me in the e-mail. It said that “all signature fees will be refunded.” Does this mean we still will be charged something for handling or anything else? Also, I had originally wanted 2 books to be pressed after being signed. These still won’t be pressed, will they? I would just want my books back as soon as possible, of course, and the pressing would be useless since they weren’t signed. Possibly a silly question, but just wanted to make sure.

Thank you so much! Already looking forward to some other future signings that I’m preparing for.

• Administrator

Hi, if you told our Signature Series team that you wanted the books back raw and ungraded then they wouldn't press them and you would get a full refund of all fees.  If you have any other questions regarding the George Perez signing, you can contact our Signature Series team at the email listed above and they can provide any additional information for you.

Thank you!

On 2/16/2022 at 11:09 PM, jrm81 said:

Hello. I had submitted 4 books for the George Perez signing. 2 of them were to also be pressed.

On February 2, I was charged $40 for the pressing and the charge is already cleared on my card. Also at that time, I saw that my Order #CGC3210254627 was split into 2 submissions, #4000249 (non-pressed books) and #4000250 (pressed books). Since February 2, they’ve shown they were received on February 1, and their status are “Scheduled for Grading” and “Received at CCS.”

This confused me as I believe those statuses are only for when signing has completed and the books have moved to grading or pressing. Did George somehow manage to sign certain books before becoming hospitalized? Or are these statuses inaccurate?

Further confusing me, I have a pending charge for $183 on my card, which is the total for the 2 books that aren’t pressed. 

Would someone please update me on the status of my order? Are these charges mistakes and will they be refunded, or do I need to contact my card issuer to have them refunded? Or did some orders get signed and will be completed?

Sorry for all the questions and I hope this can be cleared up soon. Thanks and have a great day!

I had exactly all of this happen to me - split order, some to be pressed, charged for pressing and charged the full cost for the non-pressed books.  
I've been trying for weeks to get an answer from the signature department regarding having only some sent back raw, and having some graded.  
In the meantime, while going back and forth with accounting on some questionable charges, they ended up refunding my charges for the Perez books, though as has been explained on the forums by admins, if we opt to have the books graded we will be issued a partial refund.  While I'm glad to have my money refunded, I'm now wondering if this will muck up the process when/if I decide to have some books stay at CGC to be graded.  
In short: ugh.  
I have a bunch of books I'm waiting to send to CGC for grading, but I'm not sending in a thing until everything with this is sorted out.  For three weeks we've been hearing "everybody should be contacted within a week," but here we are.  

• Administrator
On 3/3/2022 at 9:18 PM, djzombi said:

I had exactly all of this happen to me - split order, some to be pressed, charged for pressing and charged the full cost for the non-pressed books.  
I've been trying for weeks to get an answer from the signature department regarding having only some sent back raw, and having some graded.  
In the meantime, while going back and forth with accounting on some questionable charges, they ended up refunding my charges for the Perez books, though as has been explained on the forums by admins, if we opt to have the books graded we will be issued a partial refund.  While I'm glad to have my money refunded, I'm now wondering if this will muck up the process when/if I decide to have some books stay at CGC to be graded.  
I have a bunch of books I'm waiting to send to CGC for grading, but I'm not sending in a thing until everything with this is sorted out.  For three weeks we've been hearing "everybody should be contacted within a week," but here we are.  

Good morning,

We are sorry for any delays or confusion.  Our team is doing their best to contact everyone as quickly as possible.  Please keep in mind that we have thousands of submissions that came in for this signing and each person has to be contacted, so that is going to take time.  We will get everything straightened out and processed as you request but it may take a little time until you see the correct charges and/or refunds. You can reach our signature series department at: privatesignings@cgccomics.com.  Again, due to the high volume of submissions it may take some time for you to receive a response but we will get back to everyone as quickly as we possibly can. 

We appreciate your patience on this!

On 3/3/2022 at 8:18 PM, djzombi said:

Just saw this. Very sorry that you're also having troubles, djzombi. Hopefully we both end up with positive solutions to our issues. What's also frustrating is that those charges to be refunded are accruing interest and I have no idea if the credit card companies refund that, too. I also just sent in a book for another signing that's happening this month. All the charges, refunds, and so on just makes my head spin (I'm someone who keeps close tabs on their accounts).

I can only imagine how much of a mess this cancellation made for the staff. I guess all we can do is wait and maybe sometime in the near future, we can get a timeframe for our refunds and returns.

Your credit card will NOT refund any accrued interest.  
My head is spinning as well - I also keep close tabs on my accounts.  That's why I'm not sending anything else to CGC until this is resolved.  I can only keep track of so much!
In another thread here, I did see that some people already got their Perez books back - even those that elected to get theirs graded without the signature.  So things are moving.  
Right now my biggest frustration is waiting to be asked what I want to be done with the books that were also going to be pressed.  The signature department said right now they would only be handling the part of my order that was not going to go through CCS.  At least the larger part of my order - the non-pressed books - have moved to the grading department, per my submission status page.  

Forgot to mention recently I got an e-mail that says “this serves as proof that you’ll get your books back raw and all charges will be refunded.” And now the unpressed books say “DO NOT ENCAPSULATE” and are now in the “Grading/Quality Control” stage. The pressed ones still haven’t changed, but apparently that’s how pressed orders are listed until they are completed, I’ve read.

Thanks for the info, too! I figured interest charges wouldn’t be refunded. I’ve had interest charges refunded, but it’s usually pennies and the bank miscalculating something the previous month. Also, any credit card refunds usually occurred in the same billing cycle. Come to think of it, the only interest charges I’ve ever had refunded on a refund that took a few months to process was via PayPal Credit. However, that’s a totally different animal and has its own rules. It was also many years ago before Synchrony Bank bought them. They didn’t even report to the credit bureaus back then.

Anyway, best of luck to anyone in this same situation! Share any updates if you get any, please!

At what point should I be concerned that CGC hasn't sent an email out regarding my materials for this? I was hoping to just bump it over to the Starlin signing, but Its been a month with no contact and apparently the cutoff for Starlin is only a month away too... 

Just got an identical email from Private Signings today asking what I want done with my books. Was identical except for a different three digit code at the end of the subject (2/19 email was B18 and today’s was B59). I’m guessing they’re doing pressed books and non-pressed books separately even if in the same order. I just repeated my last reply saying I wanted everything back raw and to please refund what’s been charged.

Hopefully we get an e-mail with tracking number letting us know when our books ship so that I know to look out for a package or packages. Best of luck to CGC. Can’t imagine how many canceled orders they have to deal with!

Looks like the ball is rolling. Both my pressed and non-pressed books are listed as DO NOT ENCAPSULATE with a status of GRADING/QUALITY CONTROL.

Got a refund of $20 to my card and then got an invoice from CCS showing that I was refunded the $40 from the George Perez signing (2 pressed books) and then charged $20 for another signing I submitted for, which explains why I got a net total of $20 refunded.

If CGC treats the refunds the same way, I’m guessing I’ll see a charge of $4 to balance the books (was already charged $183 for the non-pressed Perez books and the remaining balance for the other signing I submitted for is $187).

Hopefully this means my books will be sent back soon and everyone else also sees some progress on their returns or exchanges.

• Administrator
On 3/21/2022 at 3:20 AM, Snowlock said:

Still nothing about even receiving my books... I'm pretty sure this isn't normal. 

Hello, we are sorry for the long timeframe on these but we received thousands of submissions for the George Perez signing and it is taking longer than we originally anticipated to get in touch with every customer regarding their order.  It might be an additional few weeks until we can get to everyone but rest assured, you will receive an email.  

Thank you!

Just checked my account and it looks like all my GP books have shipped! Two different packages, one for pressed and one for non-pressed. Should be getting it by Tuesday, it says. I hope everyone else starts getting theirs soon, too.

Now just to wait on my book I sent in for the Bendis/Bagley signing. Can’t wait to get that back signed, remarqued, and graded! Thanks again to the folks at CGC, and best of luck getting through all these returns and exchanges!

Edited by jrm81

Yes, those that were to be pressed and those without the pressing option were shipped separately.  I had half an order that I had graded anyway despite no signature, but no pressing, and those got back to me last week.  The ones that were to be pressed but I elected to have returned to me raw were delivered today.  Hang in there, folks!