• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spare a grade please...any feedback is much appreciated.
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Looks a little rough to be above a 4.0 for me; 3.5 feels more comfortable, just for the extent of the general wear and soiling.

On 2/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, FlyJ said:

just really want to learn more about how to grade.

Here's my advice.

1. Begin with Overstreet grading standards. Pick up the latest edition.

2. Check out other standards available like those found on the website of Heritage, MyComicShop and even Chuck's Mile High, etc. Get a feel of what's acceptable in a given grade range.

3. Get a free membership to Heritage so you can view high quality pics of CGC graded books. Use the Heritage website and eBay to look up CGC examples of a given grade. Example - search CGC 4.0 and see what those books look like. Be sure to look at literally thousands of comic books.

4. YouTube has some tutorials you can watch. I'm a fan of those created by @etanick.

5. Participate in PGM. Comment on posted books or silently play along. Practice make perfect (or a grade or two off).

Thanks for posting.