• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ewan McGregor doesn’t collect comics
1 1

13 posts in this topic

There is a new YouTube commercial by expedia.com  that shows Ewan McGregor walking toward the camera and he asks: 

“Do you think at the end of your life you’ll regret the things  you didn’t buy?”

Dramatic pause

”…or the places you didn’t go?”  (Begin Expedia jingle)

When he asked the first question about buying things,  I always think, “well yeah, I have those regrets now.”  

I mean…I can still go places now, but I should’ve pulled the trigger on that Batman #1!

Edited by Westy Steve

On 2/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Does he regret not collecting comic books?

Only a Sith deals in Absolutes. 

He may like the smaller Deluxe Editions though... 

On 2/22/2022 at 1:35 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Honestly, he's probably in a position to build a world-class collection in about a month, if he were to become interested.

I recall one major dealer describing a film star as having ‘great taste’ in comic books simply because he was a purchaser of expensive Golden Age.  To me, this attitude always sounds like an elitist and pretentious suck-up, as one could also have ‘great taste’ by appreciating comics that, while cheap and easily available, contain great stories and artwork, and, from my perspective, show a much wider appreciation of the medium than just being able to throw money around impulsively at the top end of the market on the obvious status symbols.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/22/2022 at 9:46 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It took me a minute to understand your pun. :p

I'm just glad someone got it. 

On 2/22/2022 at 12:57 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Only a Sith deals in Absolutes. 

He may like the smaller Deluxe Editions though... 

I thought it was good wordplay.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:36 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I thought it was good wordplay.

Thank you, Ken. That has an extra special meaning coming from you, mate. 

On 2/22/2022 at 4:13 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I recall one major dealer describing a film star as having ‘great taste’ in comic books simply because he was a purchaser of expensive Golden Age.  To me, this attitude always sounds like an elitist and pretentious suck-up, as one could also have ‘great taste’ by appreciating comics that, while cheap and easily available, contain great stories and artwork, and, from my perspective, show a much wider appreciation of the medium than just being able to throw money around impulsively at the top end of the market on the obvious status symbols.

To each his own, and who cares what I think, but I'd consider Mr. McGregor an "investor" if he suddenly decided to put together a collection in this fashion.  

On 2/22/2022 at 4:13 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Great taste

20211215_164604.jpg