• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UXM 94 7.0 - question on resubmitting adding pressing

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I hope this is the right forum.  If not, please let me know where this should go.

I sumbitted my first batch of comics to be graded.  They came back more or less as expected, except for my copy of UXM 94.  I really expected an 8.5 or 8.0 and came back as 7.0 instead.  Now, at the same time I submitted for grading AND pressing also my copy of UXM 101, which I though was in worse condition than the 94, and it came back as 8.0.

Now I am not an expert and this was my first experience with CGC.  My takeaway is that CGC is a lot stricter on slight bends, while I have always given much more emphasis to colour breaking spine creases and dented corners.

Anyway, my question is.  Would it make sense to resubmit including pressing.  It is a bronze age key and it might deserve investing a bit more to get 0.5 o3 1 notch up.  And in that case, is it better to resubmit in the case or without the case, so to start the process afresh?

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

Based on the pictures, I cannot tell whether or not it would get a bump, but the notes tell me that it should be in better condition after a proper press.

If you submit for a press and grade, you will not receive the custom label again, unless they still have it as a submission option.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:46 PM, Carlo M said:

BTW, here are the grading notes to the UXM 94:

light bends to cover
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

I have also had books sent in to me with very similar notes and, in many cases, I could not find some of the defects listed. 

On 3/6/2022 at 2:27 PM, joeypost said:

I have also had books sent in to me with very similar notes and, in many cases, I could not find some of the defects listed. 

This.

I don't normally comment on this, but light bends and light spine stress lines seem to be some sort of go to cut and paste for graders.  IDK, maybe they sometimes disappear after some time in the slab. But it is not unusual to see nothing of the sort when a book with these notes gets unslabbed. 

On 3/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, Tony S said:

This.

I don't normally comment on this, but light bends and light spine stress lines seem to be some sort of go to cut and paste for graders.  IDK, maybe they sometimes disappear after some time in the slab. But it is not unusual to see nothing of the sort when a book with these notes gets unslabbed. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you Tony. Of my Value sub from last summer, 6 of the 7 books had this "light spine stress lines to cover" word for word on all of them.