• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOLVERINE variant discovery
3 3

27 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2022 at 2:24 PM, XLII XXXIX LVI said:

Sandman1ColorVariationsTop.jpg

Here’s a short, but interesting read to piggyback onto the Sandman #1 examples and general discussion about color deviations during printing.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/433397-sandman-1-and-adventure-436/

Edited by steveinthecity
Link won’t embed?

On 2/23/2022 at 10:49 PM, Drake Dragoon said:

Wow thanks for all the information folks!

I did think I had something special with a 'green' wolverine, but now I see that I do not. lol

It's still pretty neat though.

you can make your own Andy Warhol-type display and "enjoy"  staring at them with some "treats" if legal in your jurisdiction.

On 2/20/2022 at 3:06 PM, Drake Dragoon said:

missed the red color completely (as shown in picture 2).

I don't see any image you posted that appears to be missing magenta. It is less magenta, but there is still magenta. Lots of color on that cover can't be made with just Cyan, Yellow, and black.

Yep. I’ve noticed some very striking colors on X-Factor 1 and very Deep Reds on ASM 362 since I have a fair number of copies to compare. If you saw them side by side, you’d want the deeper colored ones probably.

BDE54105-58C0-4B77-B72E-A2569EAD301D.jpeg

On 2/21/2022 at 4:22 PM, PovertyRow said:

I didn't work in a print shop but in a pre-press shop where we created the CYMK negs for the printer to burn plates (this was in the 80s). But I DID go on press runs to okay the color, register etc. And yes, these are certainly not "variants".

One odd thing I noticed was at every print shop I hit there was a bar within walking distance.

In 1980s California, wasn't there a bar within walking distance of just about everything?

Edited by shadroch

On 3/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, shadroch said:

In 1980s California, wasn't there a bar within walking distance of just about everything?

Hmm - I moved to CA in 1999. Back then I was in Massachusetts and the print shops were in the smaller towns in the suburbs around Boston area. Sometimes on a near rural road like Route 117 but Print Shop? Bar! :cheers:

Edited by PovertyRow
how does on misspell the word "to"???