• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
2 2

20 posts in this topic

First :takeit:wins the prize, but I also accept PM.

No returns on CGC books, raw books are can be returned within 14 days Grading Satisfaction Guarantee for any reason, I accept paypal or money order/check.  I have been selling huge mega keys on the boards for many years, check my Kudos feedback below.  USPS boxed Priority Shipping with signature confirmation is a flat $15 on CGC books no matter how many books you buy ($7 for 1st class/raw in a box or envelope with boards with bubble wrap and signature confirmation), Canadian shipping will be actual shipping costs.  Anything in the ball park of $2-$3K and up give or take and I prefer registered/Insured mail for your and my protection, so an extra $15 to help split those costs are appreciated.  All books are priced well below GPA to give my fellow board members a great deal below market, but I will accept PM's.

All purchases above $400 are also given optional payment terms up to 3 months+/- (with a 10% or more deposit) to help you out with timing of funds, getting your next bonus/pay check/tax return/big sale etc.   Please PM me with any questions or requests/additional scans etc.

Check out my extensive major Key Kudos/Feedback! (Many Keys Bigger than these!)

A few Key raws from a recent original owner collection I acquired plus some Key CGC's I have had for a while offered exclusively to our board community.

Sold Fantastic Four #48 1st Silver Surfer start of Galactus trilogy.  Solid VG/VG+, well attached, nice pages, all around solid VG range with typical wear no major defects not easily seen in scan except a minor 1/2" spine split at bottom.   Most recent 4.0 GPA is $2,660 and 4.5 had a recent sale of $2,500.  Board price just $2,050 with satisfaction guarantee.  

Conan #1 Looks like a solid VF range, just light wear, sharp, great page quality, tight staples.  Signed by Roy Thomas on the interior cover/title page, the heir that ran Marvel right after Stan Lee.  I have verified the signature with other verified signatures readily found on a google search and it looks to be an exact match.   The last 8.0 signed by Roy Thomas just sold for $915 last month.  Just $700 $650 Board Price!

Sold Avengers #47 CGC 8.0 Sharp! 1st Dane Whitman, the Black Knight introduced at the end of the Eternals who is starring in the upcoming marvel cross over movies!  Last 7.5 GPA sale was $600 and everywhere you look on ebay and mycomicshop, this book in 8.0 is offered at $800-$900!  Board Price Just $445! A Full $300-$400 Below the next best online buy price I can find for this book!

Werewolf by Night #32 Extremely sharp, many VF/NM qualities, tiny bump lower right corner and a tick or two too many stress lines makes me want to call this about the nicest looking VF 7.5 range you will find, maybe 8.0 on a really good day given how nice it presents otherwise.  Excellent page quality.   90 day is $2,937 at 7.5 or $3,411 for 8.0.  Board Price $2,425 which is Over $500 below 7.5 GPA and even $155 below the lowly 7.0 GPA price making this a win win for anyone looking for a great deal no matter the CGC grade, but with substantial up side of about $1K for an 8.0.

Tales to Astonish 35 CGC 2.5 1st Ant Man!  Most recent GPA $850  Board Price $750 $725 Great entry level price on a monumental Key grail.

Tales of Suspense 40 2nd Iron Man, Solid VG range, attached, complete, typical VG wear with some minor tears at back cover spine area, but with a very nice presenting front cover that could easily pass for VG/FN 5.0 otherwise.   Most recent 4.0 GPA sale was $1,360 with average of $1,170 appears to be trending up.  Board Price just $1,060! $300 Below last GPA sale price!

Journey Into Mystery #86 4th Thor, Key 1st Odin!  Look at that front cover, presents VF 7.5/7.0, has some tanning at very slim portion of right edge and a bit more at lower edge, back edge corner has a bump with tiny pencil tip sized micro piece out so I will call this the best presenting FN 5.5/6.0 range you will find, maybe even 6.5 if the grader is less harsh on edge tanning that day.   GPA average is hard with not a ton of recent examples, so it's all over the place from a 5.5 $450 (a full year ago) to $845 6.0  in Nov 2021, but most recent from this year is a 6.5 this month for $1,200 and this one is trending up across the board.  I would say this is probably in the $800-$900 range in the current market, but I will let it go for $675 to the first boardie to jump on it. ($525 BELOW most recent 6.5 sale)

Thor #134 CGC 6.5 Key 1st High Evolutionary (Primary story line in upcoming Marvel Movies).  Not pressed and certainly not cleaned on the back, has bump potential along with heavy upward trajectory, especially if his appearances in the movies are favorable.  90 day GPA of $490 bet more recent 6.0 sale was $550 and 7.0 average is $633 with price increases starting to shoot way up across the board.  Offered at just $495 and that's about $100-$300 cheaper than any other similar to slightly lower graded copy I can find offered online.

X-Men 10 CGC VF 7.5 1st Kazar!  Sharp, cover looks 8.5, Looks to have just a bit of spine roll that could be fixable to experienced pressers?  Most recent GPA sale $1,625 and climbing fast! 8.5 was $2,160 for reference on how nice it presents.  Board Price $1,475 .

Hulk #180 Key 1st Wolverine, Nice VF range, sharp, excellent pages just minor VF reading wear.   $1,650 Board Price.  Avg 8.0 GPA $2,004.  Most recent 7.5 sale was even $1,825. 

Adventure Comics #260 CGC 6.0 1959 Key 1st SA Aquaman and 1st SA appearance that pre dates Showcase #30 by 2 full years!  Aquaman sequel movie due late This Year.   Last sale was June of last year for $456 and prices appear up across the board and likely much more early in the year of the upcoming movie, so hard to price, but just $435 snags it at well below today's rapidly rising market value.  

Aquaman #35 CGC 5.0 1st Black Manta 90 day $382.  Board Price $359  $335! 

Flash #112 CGC 6.0 Key 1st Elongated Man Average GPA $572 from prior year (kind of scarce, no recent sales).  Just $499 $475 (cheaper than the last 5.5 that recently sold for $500!)

Incredible Hulk #2, 1st Green Hulk, 2nd Hulk overall. 2nd Rick Jones, General Ross & Betty Ross, 1st Toad Men.  Raw, complete and unrestored.  Looks like it had a bit of tape removed from the spine at some point.  Mostly detached, but top staple somehow hanging on by a thread.  Rough, but perfectly respectable and complete entry complete level lower grade copy that is not missing any pages/coupons or huge cover sections etc.  I would say Fr/Gd 1.5 is the most accurate grade with a very recent 1.5 sale last month at $1,872 for comparison.  (this one is rising fast across the board).  BEST PRICE FOR A COMPLETE #2 YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE! Board price just $1,350 a whopping $400 BELOW A VERY RECENT $1,750 GPA with a 14 day Grading Satisfaction Guarantee! (Even an incomplete Poor .5 just sold for $1,111!)

Star Spangled #69 1947 Early Solo Golden Age Robin!  Solid VG/VG+,  Just typical VG range wear and tear, attached well at both staples, nice page quality, complete, no pieces missing!  A 3.5 recently sold for $800 per GPA as the only sale this past year not including a 9.6 that sold for $16,800 so you can throw out the 2020 prices just like on most other desired SA/GA keys!  Board Price Just $695  $650! WELL BELOW the last 3.5 sale of $800 even though a VG/VG+ should be worth at least several hundred more than a 3.5! 14 Day Grading Satisfaction Guarantee!

More books later tonight or tomorrow.  If you are looking for specific early FF, TOS, X-Men (some really really nice), Avengers, SA Sub Mariner, super high grade early Iron Man series, 1st Ghost rider + complete run and many other SA keys, shoot me a line before I package my recent original owner acquisition up for CGC.  I also have what I believe is a solid 9.0 Hulk 181 from that acquisition, but tend to think I should get it graded first given the market value, but I am open to discussion if someone really wants a super high grade raw to hold in their hands.  

conan 1 cover.jpg

Conan back.jpg

conan signature.jpg

tos40.jpg

tos40b.jpg

flash 112 cgc.jpg

Hulk2f.jpg

hulk2 inside.jpg

star spangled robin.jpg

star spangled back.jpg

Edited by TC33

i have owned this one for years! Avengers #55 CGC 8.5 Key 1st Ultron (from Avengers Movie) Signed by Stan Lee himself!   Last GPA sale for SS in this grade was $795 a full year ago, prices appear to be up about 15% since then.  Board Price Just $725, $695 A FULL $100 BELOW the year ago GPA which has gone up maybe 15% across the board since then, like Over $200 BELOW Market on a Stan Lee Sig!

avengers 55 stan lee.jpg

Edited by TC33

On 3/1/2022 at 4:09 PM, TC33 said:

Fantastic Four #48 1st Silver Surfer start of Galactus trilogy.  Solid VG/VG+, well attached, nice pages, all around solid VG range with typical wear no major defects not easily seen in scan except a minor 1/2" spine split at bottom.   Most recent 4.0 GPA is $2,660 and 4.5 had a recent sale of $2,500.  Board price just $2,050 with satisfaction guarantee.  

ff48f.jpg

:takeit:

Avengers 7 CGC 3.5 Early Baron Zemo, Odin, Loki, Enchantress $145 (Most recent GPA $158 & $168)

Avengers 48 VF- 7.0/7.5 range attractive, tight staples/spine, just minor reading wear as expected for grade range, 1st Black Knight from the end credits of the Eternals movie leading into the upcoming Marvel movies.  7.5 GPA $860-$912  Board Price Just $675 $625 Satisfaction Guarantee!   For reference even the last 6.5 just sold for $755.

Sold Avengers 48 CGC 5.5 Last sale $575, last 5.0 sold even higher at $600, presents as a much higher grade but has several small tears at top back cover.  Board Price $525!  

Avengers 48 CGC 3.0 GPA is $243 but this one needs a clean and press badly and 3.5 is at $381!  Blow out Price just $195 (almost half the 3.5 price!)

Avengers 57 1st Vision.  I had a key graded almost exactly like this one that showed similar in approx VF range other than the one corner crease, had a similar size corner crease and was still given a 6.5, but it depends on your grader and the day +/- 1/2 grade or so etc.  $580 most recent sale, even 6.0 most recent was also $550!  Board Price $475 Just $425!  

Avengers # 141 CGC 9.6 1st George Perez, Featuring Squadron Supreme but also Immortus & Kang the Conquerer Story (the Next Thanos type bad guy for several upcoming Marvel movies)!  Last 2 sales $200 and $150 but this should be going up upon upcoming movie releases not to mention it is an investment grade 9.6.  Board Price just $150!

Marvel Super Heroes 12 1st Captain Marvel 7.5/7.0 $301 to $328 90 day GPA, Board price Just $235, $225! 

Marvel Super Heroes 13 1st Carol Danvers Ms Marvel, the most powerful super hero in the Avengers movies?  6.0/6.5 range, strong vivid colors, minor wear, light creases and light color rub expected in a strong Fine range.  GPA for both grades is $310-$350 but most recent sales for each is $329 and $375!  Board Price Just $245 $225!

Marvel Super Heroes 17 Origin of Black Knight Beautiful 9.0 range. Sharp, tight, glossy, only very slight wear allowed in the high grades. 9.0 GPA range $681 to $726, if you can press bump to just 9.2 the average is $1,304! Board price  $595! Only $550!

Marvel Super Heroes 18 1st Guardians of the Galaxy VF range, tight attractive only minimal wear.  Board Price $675.  About $200 below the 2021 8.0 GPA and about 1/2 of the $1,325 last 8.5 sale!

Hulk 182 VGVG+ 3rd Ever appearance Wolverine & completion of 1st Wolverine trilogy in Hulk.  Most recent sale GPA about $200 range for either grade.  board price Only $150, Note: even a restored 4.0 sold for $160 and 3.5 just sold for $195!  Marvel stamp of course is intact as the grade would indicate.  I also have a much higher grade if you PM me, but I don't have scans with me at work.

avengers 7.jpg

avengers 48 raw.jpg

av 48 back.jpg

avengers 57.jpg

avengers 141 9.6.jpg

msh 12.jpg

msh 12b.jpg

MSH 13.jpg

msh 13b.jpg

msh 18.jpg

msh 18b.jpg

msh black knight 17.jpg

msh 17b.jpg

hulk 182.jpg

hulk182b.jpg

Edited by TC33

On 3/2/2022 at 6:43 PM, allthingskryptonite said:

:takeit:Avengers 48 CGC 3.0 as well.

^^   Nice snag, killer deal on both!

^^   Just sold a CGC 7.0 FF 52 to the same buyer that snagged my FF 48!   It pays to send me your want lists! :baiting:

Amazing Spiderman #6  1st Lizard, Shows as a solid FN range, Solid book well attached, tight, nice pages, attractive mid range with typical FN range defects like light wear on the spine, extremely small and light lower corner bend just barely starting to break to color, some marvel chipping, but from what I have seen, CGC does not really discount the grades for that inherent Marvel flaw until you get above the 7.0 grades (unless its extensive).  90 day FN GPA is $2,686. Board Price $2,286 exactly $400 or about 20% BELOW going GPA market prices!  (, I missed the back cover scan, ill get it when I get home tonight, but its NICE!)

Amazing Spiderman #41 1st Rhino, CGC 3.5 WHITE PAGES!   Most recent GPA $500 and the GPA prices have been trending up way across the board with most recent sales setting the records, so that is probably the most accurate market price, plus this one has WHITE PAGES!  Do a quick search on ebay to see how much more they are asking for these in this range!  Board Price $445!

Amazing Spiderman #41 FN range, tight, bright and sharp, not even a corner crease to be seen as you would expect even in a 7.0 copy!  Light stress line down spine, so I will be conservative and say its probably closest to the FN grade range +/- but with many nicer qualities.  See the scan can help you determine.  90 day 6.0 GPA is $855 with most recent sale of $995!   Board Price just $725.  

Avengers 48 CGC NM 9.0 1st Black Knight, upcoming Hero in the multiple Marvel Movie story arc!  90 day GPA $2407 but most recent is $2,880!   Board price just $2,375 over $500 BELOW Most Recent GPA Sale! 

Avengers #2 CGC 2.5  90 day GPA $400, most recent GPA $468.  Board Price $398. ($70 Below most recent GPA)  Front presents very well for the grade plus it has WHITE Pages.

ASM 6 FN.jpg

asm 6 interior.jpg

asm41.jpg

asm41 back.jpg

asm41 fn.jpg

asm 41 interior.jpg

asm 41f  back.jpg

avengers 48 NM.jpg

aveng 48 NM back.jpg

av2.jpg

av2back.jpg

Edited by TC33

X-Men 12 1st Juggernaut!  3.0 range, complete, attached, NO TAPE, solid page quality, has some writing on the back with typical wear and tear for grade with two very light water stains on both upper corners of back cover, the scans show the condition well.   Average 90 day $823 but the most Recent sale was $1,000!  My Price just $775 ($225 Below most recent sale price).

X-Men #94  Strong 5.0 to 5.5.   Light spine wear, tiny partial tear near upper staple, very light corner crease is probably all that keeps this from VF range!   Average 5.0 last year was $851, most recent sale $760, 5.5 average $958 with most recent $765.  Board price just $695 which is Over $150 and $250 below 5.0/5.5 2021 average prices!

xmen12.jpg

x men 12 back.jpg

x-men 94.jpg

xmen 94 back.jpg

:news: Bump.   These are going to CGC pretty soon, get them now before the price goes way up on the return!:baiting:

Edited by TC33

Green Lantern #87 CGC 6.5  OW/White, Unpressed with several pressable defects. 1st John Steward Green Lantern, 2nd Guy Garnder GL that reportedly are being put into a Live Action TV series as well as big budget movie reboot making this book a Hot commodity. GPA $519 90 day to $547 last 12 month average, last 7.0 sold for $660.  Good luck finding this anywhere near those pricec on ebay or the buy it now listing houses.  Board Price Only $495 

green lantern 87.jpg

green lantern 87b.jpg

:manhero: All Books Priced to Sell well Below GPA and going market prices. :baiting:   Final day to save Big on some major Keys, Shoot me a PM! :flipbait: