• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

any Artist on hear ?

137 posts in this topic

Good job,Pumpkin..................but that bad boy needs some ink.................break out those old markers and color that mofo up.... thumbsup2.gif And put a moon up there too 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yup. It's not Batman without a full moon in the background. thumbsup2.gif

Good job,Pumpkin..................but that bad boy needs some ink.................break out those old markers and color that mofo up.... thumbsup2.gif And put a moon up there too 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good call on the moon, I added a big one. thumbsup2.gif

I might ink it, if I can find my pens. The problem is, a lot of shading is lost, and a lot of definiteness is added when I ink stuff. The beauty of a sketch is that little defects and foibles are covered up....inking brings everything into the open.

Good call on the moon, I added a big one. thumbsup2.gif

I might ink it, if I can find my pens. The problem is, a lot of shading is lost, and a lot of definiteness is added when I ink stuff. The beauty of a sketch is that little defects and foibles are covered up....inking brings everything into the open.

A great ink job with a fine line pen enhances a sketch ten fold.......I think there is alot of potential in both you and Cosmic Spider-man,now lets see the ink and color.Ditko (my favorite artist) always said he'd rather ink his own work......and you can see the difference when someone else inked him.To be a true artist,I think you should sketch,ink,and color..... thumbsup2.gif.......but what do I know,I'm a talentless insufficiently_thoughtful_person........ headbang.gif

973941-Supermanart.jpg

Nice detail work, and I do have some suggestions.

First, do a little more work on proportion. Keep in mind that the human bodfy is about 8 heads high, and the second head-measure below the chin stops at about the nipple line, and from there use an anatomy guide to measure the figure so it doesn't look so "squat."

Second, try to integrate the parts of the body, While you've given plenty of detail touches to the different body parts, they still look like body PARTS, not appendages of a whole. Each segment of the body looks fastened on, like a snap-on toy piece, and not like an interactive anatomical system. I beg of you, pick up some life-drawing manuals and study them. You've drawn muscles where none actually exist (take a look at how abdominal muscles really look, or the obliques, or the serratus, or the forearm flexors). I realize that Jim Lee like to invent muscles, too, but your figures will improve when you incorporate a more authentic human anatomy in the art.

Finally, focus more on some shading. The shadow beneath the figure is darker than any shadow ON the figure, which is impossible. If it weren;t for the shadow below him, there would be no other indication where the light source is, and nothing about the figure's textures shows any depth of shadow beyond quick, uniform pen strokes. In almost any object, there will be a point of near-total dark and near-total white where the light affcts it.

oh, what the hey:

something i've been working on recently. Not comic related, fan-art from a video game

original:

isabella.jpg

color:

color.jpg

the original art style of the character (and the entire game series) is straight up generic anime. Cant live with that =P

cool.gifThanks for the help Smokinghawk sounds like you know your stuff thumbsup2.gif . I did not have much time left tonight but I sketched one more just pencil no ink yet. I think I got the proportions much better this time, and the muscles are not way over the top. I tried to do a little shading but I really need to work on that, not sure if I will take the time to ink this one I don't really like the pose that much myself what do you think a little better than the other two or worse? smile.gif

974651-Visionart.jpg

974651-Visionart.jpg.6714f25baabc78ed6096b662131464e3.jpg

Definitely some interesting stuff being posted...

I posted this before but I still had this jpeg lying around. I couldn't bring myself to erase the whiteboard until recently actually... but now I've got a blank whiteboard to work with again. thumbsup2.gif (Requests, anyone?)

This was probably the first real thing I spent any amount of time on in at least a year.

I like the inherent temporary nature of drawing on whiteboards... It might make an interesting gallery exhibition one day. (All works are done on whiteboard and then erased at the end of the exhibition... much like sand/chalk paintings and sculptures)

whiteboard1.jpg

(obviously based in part off a Frazetta painting.)

Here is another sketch I did tonight, but this one took a LOT longer. I tried to draw Batman's waist and legs the way Adams did on the cover to Tec 402, but I just couldn't get it to look right. After about a dozen erasures and re-draws, this is the one that ended up looking the best. I had a really hard time getting the anatomy on his chest, waist, legs and right arm to look right....and it's obviously still far from perfect. I have a newfound respect for the positions Adams put Batman in. hail.gif It's one hell of a lot harder to draw a character reeling away, or squatting, or leaping towards the reader than it is to draw them in the typical poses. Anyways, I think I might take up drawing. Maybe with enough practice I can get good. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sketch3.jpg

You're proportions are waaay off -- face is too round, nose is too flat, and no one has calfs like that except for me. .

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

It's like an episode of "Entourage".....

Big Calfs ROCK!!! headbang.gif

That's an absolute statement of fact -- I'll post pictures sometime. I used to work out at the same gym as Ronnie Coleman (the current Mr. Olympia) and he even commented on how rediculous my calfs were. At their biggest they were 22" -- lean an ripped. That's bigger than some people's thighs.

You're proportions are waaay off -- face is too round, nose is too flat, and no one has calfs like that except for me. .

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

It's like an episode of "Entourage".....

Big Calfs ROCK!!! headbang.gif

That's an absolute statement of fact -- I'll post pictures sometime. I used to work out at the same gym as Ronnie Coleman (the current Mr. Olympia) and he even commented on how rediculous my calfs were. At their biggest they were 22" -- lean an ripped. That's bigger than some people's thighs.

Hey Jeff, I'm not questioning your claim. Every con report I've read where somebody says they met you says you look the part of "Stronguy". And Ronnie Coleman is one THICK mofo so if he is geeked by your calves they must be abso-freakin-lutely HUGE.

My calves, on the other hand, look like two mosquito bites on a couple strands of spaghetti...... I need to cut off the bottom of my sweats like Ahnold and get crackin'! headbang.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif another nice Batman october did you ink that other one yet 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif In fact theirs a lot of great stuff on hear now kind of makes my stuff Look bad frown.gif

I finanly got that Vision inked I almost did not post it, all I could find to ink it with was a red pen kind of looks funny but hear it is anyway.

975843-inkedvisionart.jpg

Like the compact car I added grin.gif.

975843-inkedvisionart.jpg.c589c53e205153073efca7fd8c625314.jpg