• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I AM LEGEND Sequel starring Will Smith, Michael B. Jordan (TBD)
1 1

18 posts in this topic

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/i-am-legend-sequel-will-smith-michael-b-jordan-1235196722/

Will Smith and Michael B. Jordan will star and produce an “I Am Legend” follow-up feature, penned by Akiva Goldsman for Warner Bros.

Smith posted a teaser photo alluding to the partnership following news breaking about the project, and he tagged Jordan in the post.

Oscar winner Goldsman adapted Richard Matheson’s 1954 novel for the original 2007 film and will return to pen the follow-up movie and produce alongside Smith and Jordan.

Deadline was first to report news of the project.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:38 PM, Red84 said:

Their spotlight best of the worst review of Last Vampire on Earth is my go to video!

:whatthe:

I am not familiar of this! Oh! Thank you. I will probably watch that this weekend.

I usually watch their re:Views... and the BOTW Kill Point, Hollywood Cop...and a very cannon christmas is my holiday watch (and of course their star wars holiday special is so dear to me)

I'd rather re-read the book. There really hasn't been a faithful adaptation of the book. Matheson wrote a screenplay for Hammer that was supposed to be scary as hell and the censors said no way. It was watered down a great deal and became The Last Man On Earth with Vincent Price. A good movie (and a helluva lot better than Omega Man IMO) but still missing the mark somewhat.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:25 PM, ▫️ said:

Didn’t Will Smith die in that movie? But I seem to recall the Directors Cut had him survive and make it to some town. Maybe I’m wrong. It wasn’t that memorable for me. I recall lots of bad CGI on the vamps.

That was my memory also. The lady and kid ended up in the small town at the end after Will Smith blew himself up with the others in the lab. 

I’d have infinitely more respect for this project if Michael B was the living person, and he was being led by the wise counsel of Will Smith’s Obi-Wan style ghost.  And the movie name was…

”You Are Legend”

Edited by mattn792