• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay "Customer Service" - Is eBay Trying to Lose Customers?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Well, it appears the glitch is back.

Apparently their fix was temporary and hoped that their system would "catch up" by then/now.

I guess it has not. Back to the system thinking I owe them money, when I click on their link to make a payment it says I owe zero dollars. So frustrating.

I have already contacted eBay through social media as it was far more effective at getting any kind of movent on.

All of this is just in time for a long weekend too🤨.

Best of luck and that’s too bad about the time you’ve had to waste. Ebay does not work like it used to, and consider me an old fogey complaining about how the internet was in the good ole days. It’s painful to see how this stuff operates now.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:09 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

Well, it appears the glitch is back.

Apparently their fix was temporary and hoped that their system would "catch up" by then/now.

I guess it has not. Back to the system thinking I owe them money, when I click on their link to make a payment it says I owe zero dollars. So frustrating.

I have already contacted eBay through social media as it was far more effective at getting any kind of movent on.

All of this is just in time for a long weekend too🤨.

Another example of a dine and dash comic seller.

Just pay the $230

Only kidding.  You are a much better man then me dealing with customer service on this.  

Ebay must be taking a page out of you really need us more then we need you service manual.  

On 9/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, alexgross.com said:

ebay hasnt cared about customer service for many years now. there is truly no competition for them unfortunately. 

Man, isn't that the truth. I know people buy on IG, but it just seems so shady and hackneyed. We are lucky we have this place - I tried buying records from a FB group, I got them and they were wildly overgraded. My recourse? Contact the seller, who never responded - since there is no way of registering any sort of feedback, aside from me taking the time to make a comment on every one of his posts that he doesn't grade right - I was just stuck with accepting what I bought.

Ebay is roasting people because they know there's no competition. I mean - roasting - on FVFs. I have been selling my record collection for months. I get charged fees on my sale. On my cost of shipping. On them collecting sales tax (of which I am exempt because I live in Montana). And, I just noticed today, I pay a fee if I have an international buyer that uses the Global Shipping program. I was an avid seller, so I got my fees in the record category down to 13%, but they were 15% a few months ago when I first started selling. It's painful and thankfully my collection is 99% gone, so I can be done with Ebay except for selling things here or there.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Man, isn't that the truth. I know people buy on IG, but it just seems so shady and hackneyed. We are lucky we have this place - I tried buying records from a FB group, I got them and they were wildly overgraded. My recourse? Contact the seller, who never responded - since there is no way of registering any sort of feedback, aside from me taking the time to make a comment on every one of his posts that he doesn't grade right - I was just stuck with accepting what I bought.

Ebay is roasting people because they know there's no competition. I mean - roasting - on FVFs. I have been selling my record collection for months. I get charged fees on my sale. On my cost of shipping. On them collecting sales tax (of which I am exempt because I live in Montana). And, I just noticed today, I pay a fee if I have an international buyer that uses the Global Shipping program. I was an avid seller, so I got my fees in the record category down to 13%, but they were 15% a few months ago when I first started selling. It's painful and thankfully my collection is 99% gone, so I can be done with Ebay except for selling things here or there.

All of the above is true...

I live in a small town in Ontario (Canada) so the local buying pool is small and eBay does allow me to have the furthest "reach".

However, because of this I will be sending a test batch of CGC graded books to MCS for consignment, see how that goes.

I have tried selling on Facebook. Hate it. I do have my own Facebook Page though more for promotion when I used to do local shows but I have made a few sales through there, which isn't bad as they are usually my few local regulars. But regularly selling on FB, FB "auctions", etc., hard no.

Same with IG. I do have an IG account and have made a handful of sales but again was more for promo purposes but I do not have the time nor wherewithal to be an "IG influencer".

I am corresponding directy through social media with them...We shall see if/when it gets resolved. If I have to, I will start over but again, that's the nuclear option with them.

The funniest part of all this was a couple days before I was contemplating reopening a store subscription with them and then bam, the glitch appeared. 

So far, I am still just restricted...And made a decent sale just last night. As of now, I can still sell, I just can't list new stuff.

Thanks all for reading/commenting 🙂.