• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your Signature series books !

333 posts in this topic

CGCSSX-MEN140.jpg

When Terry Austin was in town last year, I had CGC witness the signing of these 2 books (both books were signed by Byrne prior to this occasion).

x-men140terrybyrne.jpg

x-men140.jpg

1x-men140signed.jpg

Before submitting, I wanted to know if the cover signature would still be authenticated & given a yellow label..even though the Byrne sig would normally garner a Qualified label.

After much discussion, and a phone call to CGC....it was determined that the book would simply get a Q-label. frown.gif

I could have got the one with interior signatures slabbed with a yellow label...but I didn't bother. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice book it is a shame that his beautiful signature isn't on the cover for all to see.

A shame? I prefer interior signatures in most cases as they stay "true to form", unlike the exaggerated cover ones.

Plus....I like the idea of Byrne carefully signing the 1st page, rather than putting his "stamp" on the cover. I look at the signature as a "hidden bonus", and prefer(in most cases) not to have Marker on an otherwise flawless cover.

To each their own. confused-smiley-013.gif

I look at the signature as a "hidden bonus", and prefer(in most cases) not to have Marker on an otherwise flawless cover.

I agree with you and if I had my way, all my autographs would be on the first page. That being said, I'm paranoid of dropping a grade when the creators open the book to sign on the inside, so I decided to let them sign on the covers.