• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your Signature series books !

333 posts in this topic

If you ever entertain the idea of upgrading your 608 RRP, let me know -- I'll gladly take that one off your hands...

Thanks Joe. I'll keep you in mind.

I've been looking to upgrade that book ever since I bought it last year. Just depends on when a 9.8's for sale, how much it'll cost me, and where Jim Lee will next be available. If all those stars line up right, I'll have the 9.8.

I like that origin with the trempe sketch but that looks like hulk not wolverine what is up with that?

from what I recall, and ALex can correct me if he got this hook up on his own, but back then Dynamic Forces somehow got Herb Trimpe involved in the Origin signature series they planned on doing - I recall Trimpe involved up to Origin 3 with DF/CGCSS books but may have been sigs only and not sketches at that point. I also recall shortly thereafter, rumors about Marvel's displeasure with DF regarding not getting a fair cut from the profits these signed and sketched books were bringing, and totally cut DF off from doing any more remarked/resketched Marvel books? Also with the Trimpe Sig series, correct me again, but this is before CGC SS policy where only creators involved with the book directly are eligible for sig series? I'm curious how that works with the Rebecca Romijin Stamos on Mystique ?

Also with the Trimpe Sig series, correct me again, but this is before CGC SS policy where only creators involved with the book directly are eligible for sig series? I'm curious how that works with the Rebecca Romijin Stamos on Mystique ?

Think I can answer that one for you Darth. I don't believe CGC has a creator-only policy for SS books. For example, Stan Lee can pretty much sign anything Marvel. Herbe Trimpe was the creator of Wolverine, so there's the connection with Origin. As for the Romijn-Stamos Mystique, the connection was that she played the character in the X-Men movies. The discretion is that as long as there's a connection with the person signing and the book, CGC is pretty flexible, but there are limits. For example, they wouldn't yellow label a book I signed if it had absolutely nothing with me. Believe me, I asked. sorry.gif

Yep, Tim's got it covered. No original owner pedigree collection Signature Series unless they were involved in the book in some way (like the Dave Sim Cerebus File Copies).

Actors can sign comics featuring characters they have played in movies or television. Like Rebecca Romjin can sign a comic with Mystique, David Prowse can sign a Star Wars comics w/Darth Vader, Erica Durance a Lois Lane comic, Hugh Jackman a Wolverine/X-Men comic, Tobey Maguire a Spider-Man comic, and... hey!... Peter? Where's that book you were going to show us on Monday? And that related announcement?

Yeah, I suppose if he had sold books containing his own work and/or the comic related magazines he participated in that they would be eligible for Signature Series.

But just buying a comic book off the rack and owning it for 20-30-40 years wouldn't qualify for Signature Series.

Actually kevin you are wrong I asked paul and steve about this a little while back they said it could be signature series on a book from the don rosa collection. Plus they SS'd lamont larson's book that he signed. And I am sorry for correcting you But that is what steve and paul told me.

I'll check with them about that Kris.

The Larson book struck me as being done as a gift to Mr. Larson.

Is there any specific identifier to a Rosa book other than it is of good quality and comes with a loose card identifying it as being a Rosa Collection book?

Kevin

Here is another nice Signature Series book that I had done in LA. Amazing Spider-Man #129 (first Punisher) CGC 9.2. Signed by Stan Lee and Thomas Jane...

ssasm1299.2.jpg

Speaking of Thomas Jane... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actor, Producer, Director and 1st time comic writer Thomas Jane (The Punisher, Dreamcatcher) will be joining us at Paradise Comics to promote his new Image book Bad Planet on December 14, 2005!

Bad Planet will be hitting the shelves in December, and you won't want to miss what's expected to be a 'knock your socks off' sci-fi story. You can expect to see the works of Steve Niles, Thomas Jane, Lewis Larosa, and Tim Bradstreet filling the pages of this upcoming book.

We hope you'll join us here at Paradise Comics on December 14th 5pm to 7pm to show your support for Bad Planet, and meet Mr. Jane. Signature Series opportunities will be available