• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forgot to put signing card for cgc private signing. What do I do?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Are you referring to the signing card ‘cut out’ that must be placed in the Mylar behind the book? 

I suggest calling cgc. It may take a little bit to get through but the person you want to talk to is Brittany McManus. 

If you explain the situation and it’s just one book, Brittany McManus is a legend and absolute rock star. They will likely be able to help you.

Just call as soon as you can. I know folks that have forgotten or incorrectly followed instructions whom have called in and Brittany was able to find the customers order and correct the order in most cases no problem! 

good luck!

I agree with @sonicyouth1 to contact CGC asap. I know I have missed the signature card on a book or 2 out of some of my orders. I think this step is not as big a deal as others (unlike marking the box and including the submission slip). They must double check that every book has a signature card in the back or they would end up with a mess at the end of every signing. FYI, this is why orders have to be in so far ahead of the signing. Just imagine the state of what some of these orders come in like. I wonder how many boxes come in with nothing other than the comics. 

I do want to add that this is why every backerboard should have all of your information on it. I also place all my information on the Cover board so no matter where this book goes its easily identified as to what it is and why its there. 

Edited by thesink

Will do. Thanks so much!

On 3/13/2022 at 11:18 AM, thesink said:

I agree with @sonicyouth1 to contact CGC asap. I know I have missed the signature card on a book or 2 out of some of my orders. I think this step is not as big a deal as others (unlike marking the box and including the submission slip). They must double check that every book has a signature card in the back or they would end up with a mess at the end of every signing. FYI, this is why orders have to be in so far ahead of the signing. Just imagine the state of what some of these orders come in like. I wonder how many boxes come in with nothing other than the comics. 

I do want to add that this is why every backerboard should have all of your information on it. I also place all my information on the Cover board so no matter where this book goes its easily identified as to what it is and why its there. 

On 3/13/2022 at 11:06 AM, sonicyouth1 said:

Are you referring to the signing card ‘cut out’ that must be placed in the Mylar behind the book? 

I suggest calling cgc. It may take a little bit to get through but the person you want to talk to is Brittany McManus. 

If you explain the situation and it’s just one book, Brittany McManus is a legend and absolute rock star. They will likely be able to help you.

Just call as soon as you can. I know folks that have forgotten or incorrectly followed instructions whom have called in and Brittany was able to find the customers order and correct the order in most cases no problem! 

good luck!