• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets grade some GA I am sick of moderns and common silver

36 posts in this topic

Of course, it could be because CGC was given some props to my homie, Jack Cole. Nah, I think they missed it. Next time that I end up submitting they will probably drop the grades on all of my submissions. Just poking some well meaning fun at CGC.

I will tell you this, Police comics higher than 5.0 seem to relatively rare outside of pedigreed collections. When I saw it I went "huh?" . When I resubmit, I will let you know, if it drops a grade(or 3)

Are you going to resub it sometime soon?

I will tell you I give Major PROPS to Jack Cole..and as stated earlier all GA Plastic Man covers are awsome in my opinion.

I am curious to see if it gets a 6.0 again ( dont think so but I imagine stranger things have happened smile.gif Good Luck with it

? ? What it run you?

Hey mstryinspc You seem a little cocky for being a board member for only a few weeks. You will not gain much respect here with an attitude like that. makepoint.gif

Ah, leave the old fogey alone, and let him play with his moldy old GA crepe. screwy.gif

I would say 5.5-6.0 for Plastic Man and 4.5-5.0 for Smash.

I would agree - hard to be exact without bigger scans.

I've noticed that soiling, stains and even shadows from creases seem

to pop on scans. I've scanned more than one low -mid grade book - and was surprised to see dirt in an area I didn't really notice on the comic itself.

I will tell you I give Major PROPS to Jack Cole..and as stated earlier all GA Plastic Man covers are awsome in my opinion.

I am curious to see if it gets a 6.0 again ( dont think so but I imagine stranger things have happened smile.gif Good Luck with it

? ? What it run you?

My Police Comics 75 ran about 100. I don't know what the Plastic Man at the beginning of the thread ran(not my comic). I should try to get a scan of my Captain Marvel Adventures 71 (Church/Mile High). See if the historical grade of this one matches up. I don't think I can slab it. It seems to have some overhang.

? ? What it run you?

My Police Comics 75 ran about 100. I don't know what the Plastic Man at the beginning of the thread ran(not my comic). I should try to get a scan of my Captain Marvel Adventures 71 (Church/Mile High). See if the historical grade of this one matches up. I don't think I can slab it. It seems to have some overhang.

My Plastic Man ran me $70

the Smash if you interested was $32

Plastic Man runs pretty affordable with some exceptions, of course. Both were nice copies to have. I have a Plastic Man 58, which is probably not as nice that was sold as F/VF, that I bought at $54. I don't think its a true, 7.5. I will bring in tomorrow and put a scan up on it.