• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received by CCS / CCS in process
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I have 2 batches of books at CCS. 

One batch has been there for a while but those are economy so I know that takes a looooooong time.

The other batch is fast track. It moved form "received" to "in process".  I took that as they are being pressed. That was about a week ago.

Anyone have an idea how long "in process" takes?

CCS has been in progress for several months on my Hulk 180 and 182. Been 9 months already. Guess it has till around 14 months for Economy. Then I have another 10 months for grading. Probably last books I will submit to CGC unless they get the turnaround times WAY down. 2 years for 2 very important books to me is crazy.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:39 AM, TroyT7986 said:

CCS has been in progress for several months on my Hulk 180 and 182. Been 9 months already. Guess it has till around 14 months for Economy. Then I have another 10 months for grading. Probably last books I will submit to CGC unless they get the turnaround times WAY down. 2 years for 2 very important books to me DRIVES ME crazy.

Fixed for ya.  :eyeroll:

CCS has been in progress for several months on my Hulk 180 and 182. Been 9 months already. Guess it has till around 14 months for Economy. Then I have another 10 months for grading. Probably last books I will submit to CGC unless they get the turnaround times WAY down. 2 years for 2 very important books to me is crazy.

I'm pretty sure that after CCS is done pressing your comics, they will get graded by CGC way, way more quickly than 10 months. The grading usually gets expedited after CCS is done, rather than having to wait the full estimated number of days for CGC to grade them. This is based on prior experience. Have others seen this as well?

I do pretty well, as far as TATs go, anyway, with books that don't need pressed (or, at least, books I don't get pressed). The CCS backlog is stunningly bad, made worse by their poor tracking systems that allow all visibility to orders to vanish loooong before CCS does its job. If that's not an advertisement for trusted third-party pressing -- even if their backlogs aren't much better, time-wise -- then I don't know what is.

It seems there is ZERO difference between "received at CCS" and "CCS in process".

Im not very bright.  i got all excited when my books moved from "received" to "in process".

(:

Apparently, the "process" of pressing a book takes more than 5 months.

How about this?...how about leaving them marked as "received" until youre actually... LITERALLY... pressing them?

:frustrated:

Edited by lostboys