• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shills?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

My ASM #300 CGC 8.5 White pages is currently on eBay. The auction will be ended tomorrow night but one thing I don't understand is that similar grade copy with Off White to White pages is on eBay that has five more days.

That book has nearly $200 more than mine.  I looked at the bid history.  It has only 4 bidders.  The bidder with zero feedback bid 12 times.  Mine has 14 bidders and there is only one bidder with zero feedback.  I have a strong feeling that auction has shills.

Here is the listing; https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/384778490198?item=384778490198&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

On 3/15/2022 at 5:21 PM, JollyComics said:

My ASM #300 CGC 8.5 White pages is currently on eBay. The auction will be ended tomorrow night but one thing I don't understand is that similar grade copy with Off White to White pages is on eBay that has five more days.

That book has nearly $200 more than mine.  I looked at the bid history.  It has only 4 bidders.  The bidder with zero feedback bid 12 times.  Mine has 14 bidders and there is only one bidder with zero feedback.  I have a strong feeling that auction has shills.

Here is the listing; https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/384778490198?item=384778490198&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

of course it's shills. Stop using crappy ebay. Not to say all other auctions sites dont have this problem, but just easier on ebay to pull this garbage

On 3/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, Courageous Cat said:

of course it's shills. Stop using crappy ebay. Not to say all other auctions sites dont have this problem, but just easier on ebay to pull this garbage

Agreed.  I can get money in less than a week.  All other auctions, I don't get money in three weeks or more except advance cash.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:36 PM, Beyonder123 said:

Since everyone here is crapping on ebay, what other online marketplace do people here suggest?

I think comiclink and mycomicshop have broad approval for most books.  Heritage seems great for the epic big stuff.

Comicconnect/metropolis is fine but their raw grading is garbage.

Pedigree is actually quite well run and does fairly well, but many serious collectors hate the owner (with good reason).  

There are probably others in the next tier, maybe myslabs? slabs.com? hakes?

But I think ebay is fine for some stuff, you just have to be in the right market with the right type of stuff.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:21 PM, JollyComics said:

I'l bump it up for you.  Want ATH?

On 3/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, revat said:

I think comiclink and mycomicshop have broad approval for most books.  Heritage seems great for the epic big stuff.

Comicconnect/metropolis is fine but their raw grading is garbage.

Pedigree is actually quite well run and does fairly well, but many serious collectors hate the owner (with good reason).  

There are probably others in the next tier, maybe myslabs? slabs.com? hakes?

But I think ebay is fine for some stuff, you just have to be in the right market with the right type of stuff.

Great summary!