• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scooby-Doo 1
3 3

49 posts in this topic

C+P and reverse spine roll all you like guys - this book tops out at 7.5 max

Concerned about both staple areas, spine tear is a killer, and possible staining on back.

7.5 max

If its $1500 or less, can't go wrong

Good Luck!  :foryou:

On 3/23/2022 at 1:59 AM, Beige said:

C+P and reverse spine roll all you like guys - this book tops out at 7.5 max

Concerned about both staple areas, spine tear is a killer, and possible staining on back.

7.5 max

If its $1500 or less, can't go wrong

Good Luck!  :foryou:

You think there’s a spine tear on that black line parallel to Scooby’s butt? I was thinking it was a color break but my resolution on the iPad may not be sufficient. I could see how that bc looks like staining too; but each dark spot is to the right of a crease, so that’s why I thought it looked like shadows in the pic, but certainly a stain is the other (worst case) possibility.

Would really want to see it live before purchasing (short of being asked under fmv of the low end of grade estimates).

On 3/23/2022 at 8:55 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I have asked for clarification about the following areas of the book:

Spot.jpg

That looks very much like what the site below refers to as a hickey

https://offsetprintingtechnology.com/sub-categories/on-press-troubleshooting/

Edited by Jeffro.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Jeffro. said:

That looks very much like what the thread below refers to as a hickey

https://offsetprintingtechnology.com/sub-categories/on-press-troubleshooting/

Excellent link, J (although I got a little worried when I saw an ad for Gwen Stefani on the side, fully expecting to see a large spot on the neck of Blake Shelton next).  The spot on the fc does look like what they describe in the link.

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

On 3/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Excellent link, J (although I got a little worried when I saw an ad for Gwen Stefani on the side, fully expecting to see a large spot on the neck of Blake Shelton next).  The spot on the fc does look like what they describe on the link.

I see two scratches (one image is shown here and one small light scratch).  You need to contact the owner to show both interior front and back covers to see if the stains went through.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, JollyComics said:

I see two scratches (one image is shown here and one small light scratch).  You need to contact the owner to show both interior front and back covers to see if the stains went through.

Precisely, M.  Concerns already sent.

More information from the seller:

• The spine has creases. There is a noticeable albeit minor spine roll.
  • The cover is darker one centimeter to the right of the spine but I don't think it is dirt. To me, it looks like a type of bleed-through of the colour inks of the advertisement on the inside front cover. You can see it near the right side edge of the front cover.
  • There are wrinkles/reading creases in the cover one centimeter to the right of the spine.
  • The bottom left corner crease breaks colour about two millimeters from the corner of the book. 
  • The slight smudge stain on the back cover looks like an oil stain but it does not penetrate through to the inside back cover or the pages.
  • The stress lines at both staples on the front cover don't extend to the side of the spine or back cover. The spine is solid.
  • There is a white line that looks like a scratch from the letter S to the plume of the knight's helmet but it does not show any indentation in the paper and does not show at all on the inside front cover. The paper cover is smooth to the touch in that area.  
  • The colour spot near the bottom of the C and the O in your third picture seems to be a manufacturing defect. The same could be said for the colour loss near Freddy's foot.
  • He has suggested it as a 6.0/6.5.