• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Oscars predictions
2 2

114 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 2:04 AM, Bosco685 said:

This is so true! To include MCU fans going multiple times after social influencers "on their own" encouraged #BeatAvatar and stars in the movie posted support for the campaign.

FPBzPruXsAE0yxn.thumb.jpeg.a49876ebcc958b546860288af14907e7.jpeg

I didn't realize fans received a vote.  No one asked me.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:28 PM, D84 said:

If he refused to leave, security or the police should have dragged him out.

What the BAFTA committee noted earlier which now embarrassed the Oscars because they just let him stay and received his award and give a speech.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

What the BAFTA committee noted earlier which now embarrassed the Oscars because they just let him stay and received his award and give a speech.

We are living in a culture where it's okay to allow bad behavior. There are little to no consequences for true inexcusable behavior. 

The entitled and narcissistic Hollywood culture is alive and well. Will Smith justified his actions, made excuses for doing something that wasn't just immoral, it was criminal and damaging. Chris Rock made a bad joke, but Hollywood and the Oscars have been roasting one another in this environment since the ceremony began. I think of David Letterman with Jack Nicholson, Billy Crystal and Jack Palance and Whoopi Goldberg's comment about Charlie Sheen. This is just off the top of my head.

His career will probably survive this, (Chris Brown, Rob Lowe, Mel Gibson) but it is a true stain on his reputation and marketability. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:39 PM, comicartfan said:

I am heading to Chris Rock's first appearance since Sunday's Slapgate at the Wilbur Theatre in Boston. 

This should be interesting .......:devil:

How was it? I read that he got a roaring welcome!

On 3/31/2022 at 8:39 AM, bentbryan said:

How was it? I read that he got a roaring welcome!

I was not there, but read Chris mentioned he is still processing what happened, but did not have specific material for this show, so he was not going to really address it further for now. Read he also said, he will have bits on it in the future.