• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metal Cards Not Being Graded?
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2022 at 5:17 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

We are still grading these cards.  However, there is a delay in the encapsulation process.  

Mike

Thank you. The way the email had been worded made me assume that CGC had completely stopped grading them. Is there an estimated time frame for this? I had a standard order of just metal cards.

• Administrator
On 3/31/2022 at 8:36 AM, Acorus said:

Thank you. The way the email had been worded made me assume that CGC had completely stopped grading them. Is there an estimated time frame for this? I had a standard order of just metal cards.

I am sorry but, we don't have a set time as to when the encapsulation delay will end.  

I wish there was a disclaimer for submitting these on the form somewhere. I submitted 7 orders, each with a metal card and now they have been sitting there with no movement for over a month on economy. I didn't know anything about it until someone had mentioned it elsewhere and I confirmed with a google search. Very frustrating.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:33 AM, CGC Mike said:

Not at this time.  Sorry.  

Any update now Mike?

I know probably not but still wanted to keep this post near the top.

I submitted a bulk order 2/24 before the announcement about metal cards and have been at "grading/encapsulation" since mid march. Will it just stay that way until the new holders are announced? 

• Administrator
On 4/26/2022 at 6:18 PM, rhunnicutt said:

Any update now Mike?

I know probably not but still wanted to keep this post near the top.

I submitted a bulk order 2/24 before the announcement about metal cards and have been at "grading/encapsulation" since mid march. Will it just stay that way until the new holders are announced? 

Hello

We will be making an announcement regarding this soon.

Mike

• Administrator
On 4/27/2022 at 2:54 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

As in how soon? From my experience dealing with CGC soon could mean anything between a day or two or a few months.

I would guess next week at the latest.  

• Administrator
On 4/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, apcoleman said:

I sent in a metal card and it was returned saying "brittle ink" What does that mean?

Hello

Some of the ink on the card appeared too brittle and therefore cannot be holdered safely. 

Mike

Still waiting on the metal card cases?. Is it true the end of May, it “may” be resolved for the metal card cases to come in. There has got to be some sort of news available on them. Like then the shipment is expected to arrived and when the cases may be able to be used instead of the standard generic timeframes?

On 5/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, isaac fullenkamp said:

Still waiting on the metal card cases?. Is it true the end of May, it “may” be resolved for the metal card cases to come in. There has got to be some sort of news available on them. Like then the shipment is expected to arrived and when the cases may be able to be used instead of the standard generic timeframes?

All you gotta do is a little searching and you'll find your answers. This was posted 2 days ago....

https://www.cgccards.com/news/article/10124/

• Administrator

We are currently finalizing a solution and hope to provide an update soon. Once we have fully tested this solution, we will make an announcement regarding it and let everyone know their metal cards can be safely encapsulated.

On 6/6/2022 at 12:40 PM, CGC Mike said:

We are currently finalizing a solution and hope to provide an update soon. Once we have fully tested this solution, we will make an announcement regarding it and let everyone know their metal cards can be safely encapsulated.

Hi Mike!

Any updates on this?