• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lev Gleason Cover Post

102 posts in this topic

I love cover post threads and being one of the local Lev Gleason fans I thought it was about time that my favorite "second-tier" GA publisher had it's own scan section. Did some searching and I couldn't find one in the past, so here we go.

I'll start with a few of my favs from my collection:

dd_02.jpg

dd_03.jpg

dd_30.jpg

dd_33.jpg

Hope some others have some to show off!

I love cover post threads and being one of the local Lev Gleason fans I thought it was about time that my favorite "second-tier" GA publisher had it's own scan section. Did some searching and I couldn't find one in the past, so here we go.

I'll post some later Ineed to scan them mine aren't as nice as yours but I also love a lot of LG books.

I love those Lev Gleason Daredevil covers. There was always so much going on and other just tons of text. It'd take a minute or two to read them. Hopefully I'll be able show off some of my favorites when I get a working scanner.

Does anyone have a Silver Streak 6 or 7? with scans of the interior pages even just the first?

I was trying to ID a Double comics and I KNOW it had an early Silver Streak but having not read them could not figure which one it was. Form the artists listed in the guide it had to be one of the three mentioned but Is still could not figure which one.

Any scans or info would help. No i don't have the book.

What flaw is the Larson pedigree known for? I'll give you a hint:

Silver%20Streak%201%20Front.jpg

I'd be more than thrilled to have that copy, despite the problems... even that one I don't think I could afford.

Great copies guys! More!

Currently my earliest CDNP:

cdnp_34.jpg

A beater Boy #5... Need to upgrade this one at some point:

boy_05.jpg

LG's romance titles were actually pretty readable. Love to find a copy of #1:

loverlane_02.jpg

I'll start with a few of my favs from my collection:

Here is a couple I promised I have more on the way so i will continue to post more as I get them.

DD67.jpg

CDNP.jpg

Love the Daredevil #2 and #3 - nice looking copies.893applaud-thumb.gif

Here are my contributions - the only Gleason DDs I own.

dd11.jpg

dd27.jpg

and my favorite CDNP cover

cdnp24.jpg

There is a 2.0 on ebay right now at 4X guide with a day left to go 893whatthe.gif

Love the DD #11... There was a higher grade copy up on ebay last week that I would have loved to have owned, but right now I could even get close...

Linky

When it broke $400 a couple of days before the end of the auction, I knew I had no hope. From the looks of the scan, probably still a good deal for one of the most twisted covers of the run.

Also, the cover on DD #27 is great! I'm not sure I've ever seen that issue before.

PS: here's my favorite WTF cover of all time, Daredevil #82... What were they thinking?

dd_82.jpg

I think somebody got a great deal - that book is at least a 7.0 - and probably nicer. At worst the buyer paid guide value - which is a sweet deal for that book- as it usually commands at least 150% of guide in low to mid-grade.

Daredevil #27 is mentioned in the guide as a torture/bondage cover, but not broken out pricewise. I've seen it sell on ebay for guide or a just a little more in VG to FN, which I guess relative to what the surrounding issues might sell for is a bit of a premium.

As for CDNP #24 - I'm guessing it's in greater demand than #22 due to the outrageous cover.