• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some advice for Chris Evans
1 1

18 posts in this topic

If Chris Evans purchased the Captain America 9.4 that Heritage is currently auctioning wouldn't he immediately add to the value of the book? I can see it adding up to 50% or more to the value of the book. I'm sure he doesn't need the money right now but what if Adam West bought Batman 1 at the height of his career?

How cool would it be to own Chris Evans copy of CA? or Adam West's Batman?

Looking forward to hearing what people think...:popcorn:

Captain America 1 CGC 9.4.jpg

Edited by mytastebud

I get where you're coming from - after all, CGC labels books, "From the Collection of Nicolas Cage" and the like.  I think it would be cool to own such a book, but Chris Evans would have to pay a bunch of money to get a label like that for CA books he owned.

I believe Chris Evans sig on a Captain America book would definitely add value, but maybe not to a Captain America comic book collector.  I think at the Height of Adam West's career, if you would say the top was while doing batman, his sig would have been worthless.  I don't believe comics were big at all in the 60's, so his sig wouldn't have added much to an early batman book, just as a stan lee signature in the 60's would have been worthless.  Things are very different now.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

On 4/3/2022 at 11:56 AM, juniorMC said:

I believe Chris Evans sig on a Captain America book would definitely add value, but maybe not to a Captain America comic book collector.  I think at the Height of Adam West's career, if you would say the top was while doing batman, his sig would have been worthless.  I don't believe comics were big at all in the 60's, so his sig wouldn't have added much to an early batman book, just as a stan lee signature in the 60's would have been worthless.  Things are very different now.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?

just like most other things, it depends.

His sig on an old Timely Captain America CGC 9.8 lowers the value relative to a blue label.

You put his sig on a modern $4 comic with his picture on the front, if you get a 9.8 you would definitely raise the value by more than you paid for the book and the signing and the slabbing.

And there's a million books and grades in between, it depends on the rarity, the grade, the signature, the cover, the comic, the story, the potential buyers, the timing, the luck.  And sometimes you add value, but not enough to to cover the cost of the signing.

But just like anything else, if one's goal is to really make money, the more time they put into finding and analyzing data and trends, the more likely they are to turn a profit.

As for the original proposal, I don't think there's anyway HE would sell his collection while he was alive as 'part of a collection' unless he was really desperate or it was charity.  I do like the charity idea though.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:32 PM, revat said:

just like most other things, it depends.

His sig on an old Timely Captain America CGC 9.8 lowers the value relative to a blue label.

You put his sig on a modern $4 comic with his picture on the front, if you get a 9.8 you would definitely raise the value by more than you paid for the book and the signing and the slabbing.

And there's a million books and grades in between, it depends on the rarity, the grade, the signature, the cover, the comic, the story, the potential buyers, the timing, the luck.  And sometimes you add value, but not enough to to cover the cost of the signing.

But just like anything else, if one's goal is to really make money, the more time they put into finding and analyzing data and trends, the more likely they are to turn a profit.

As for the original proposal, I don't think there's anyway HE would sell his collection while he was alive as 'part of a collection' unless he was really desperate or it was charity.  I do like the charity idea though.

Agreed, I do believe a comic book with Evans signature on it would would add value to a comic book MOVIE fan, but not so much to a comic BOOK fan.   Just like people paying top dollar for a stan lee signed book that he has nothing to do with other than being a marvel book.  2 modern marvel star wars books recently sold for 4k and 2k and some change.  One had may the force be with you on it

I don't like the idea of actors signing any books personally. Especially not an iconic GA key. A creater I can understand. 

My kids will likely never know who Adam West or Micheal Keaton are, but they will know who Batman is. Same with Chris Evans. Actors change and come and go, but the characters last forever. 

I understand that people like Signature Series, and that's fine, people should like what they like. It's usually harmless. But let's not encourage people to destroy legitimate Golden Age treasure, please. Let them sign a reprint or something.