• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC is now hawking variant signatures?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If I remember correctly...

Crain did some cool sigs as a one time gig...

And people were missing out, and there was demand.

So if he's going to take that much time at a con.to.do fancy sigs and hold up the lines etc.

People will pay money for it? As an excuse for why the line takes so long ?

That's my understanding but where is the fun in that. :insane:

Lol now that I've posted the video, of the infinity sig being done, I believe that is the one that it started out with.

Then it got into a contest of how many different colors, then demand sprang and he started charging.

What the voice of YouTube will do (thumbsu

I'm not defending it, I think it looks cool, but I understand the threads sentiment  :cheers:

On 4/5/2022 at 5:24 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

They should offer signatures in invisible ink.  That way you can deface the book, but no one can tell.:idea:

They've already been paid for giving Bad Idea the exact grades they wanted for their 'invisible' comics...

They created a frenzy and now they're trying to get people to send in less books. In a year or two, they'll be laying off workers because business will go back to normal.

On 4/6/2022 at 6:50 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Stupid question time.

How are these rainbow signatures accomplished?

Do they have pens/markers that continuously change ink colors as they write (not sure how that would be accomplished)........or do they do each signature using multiple pens/markers?

He holds various colors in his non-dominant hand and swaps them in and out to form the signature.  It is more art than sig imo.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, shadroch said:

I'm glad they are doing it too. The sooner they seperate the fools from their money, the safer we all will be. I just wish I'd thought of it.

You worry about your own money and stop telling others how to spend theirs.