• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name some other ice cold keys
4 4

60 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I started a thread not too long ago about how I was happy buying a “cold” key book.  (Alias 1)

It arrived today, and I gotta tell you,  I’m super happy with it. Makes me wonder what other “ice cold” key books are out there. Got any recommendations for other books in deep slumber?  I’m kind of tired of fighting the crowd for key books. 

3728BE2C-F944-429C-8B1A-449DA5B32891.thumb.jpeg.23f60d9bfc34c16dffd47afc7d521557.jpeg

Edited by Westy Steve

On 4/7/2022 at 10:35 PM, Westy Steve said:

Hi guys, I started a thread not too long ago about how I was happy buying a “cold” key book.  (Alias 1)

It arrived today, and I gotta tell you,  I’m super happy with it. Makes me wonder what other “ice cold” key books are out there. Got any recommendations for other books in deep slumber?  I’m kind of tired of fighting the crowd for key books. 

3728BE2C-F944-429C-8B1A-449DA5B32891.thumb.jpeg.23f60d9bfc34c16dffd47afc7d521557.jpeg

This is a key?

On 4/7/2022 at 7:35 PM, Westy Steve said:

Some books just have no chance of ever warming up-not even after a TV show or movie.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:42 AM, Larryw7 said:

701943.jpg&ehk=u3kMHrP%2BlcqHjGvdQb8FZKQ

I’m sure many of us were waiting for this one. Just as tempted - I’ll always admit that.

Preacher 1 or the Preview, whichever one you prefer. The prices for issue 1 are particularly glaring, comfortably under $300. Easily a top 10 most undervalued modern when you step back and compare it to any number of modern, especially late modern, books. Really surprised that nobody has stepped in and bought a significant percentage of the 800 9.8s. The book is available easily enough that this could be accomplished through various sources so as not to resort to clearing out eBay and causing the market to notice. 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:53 PM, BanjerD said:

Epic Illustrated 1 to me seems like an ice cold sleeper.  It ticks all the boxes for me:

1) awesome cover by Frank Frazetta

2) number 1 issue in the series, those always sell well, right?

3) cool Surfer and Galactus story

4) (my favorite) first appearance of "The Preservers" from the Elfquest saga -  this has not been recognized by cgc on the label, but confirmed by Richard Pini the creator

5) high grade issues can be had for under $100! (I'm sorry I missed the 9.4 cgc that sold on ebay for $35:cry:)

Epic1rawfc.jpg

Great book.  But Galactus doesn’t start until later issues 

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 4/8/2022 at 9:01 AM, 1Cool said:

Add Preacher 1 and Y: Last Man 1 to the list of ice cold books that once were hot.

Hmmm…those might actually be TOO cold TBH.  I like Jessica Jones because she’s still part of a larger universe. But each of those characters seem to be in their own separate universes.  Y has no chance of bumping into Superman, but maybe Jessica will bump into the Hulk some day?

Sorry if I’m moving the goal posts. 

Edited by Westy Steve

On 4/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, Westy Steve said:

Hmmm…those might actually be TOO cold TBH.  I like Jessica Jones because she’s still part of a larger universe. But each of those characters seem to be in their own separate universes.  No chance of bumping into Superman, but maybe Jessica will bump into the Hulk some day?

Sorry if I’m moving the goal posts. 

Lol.  After writing this, I began to wonder if Jessica Jones ever met the Hulk. Interestingly, this was my first Google hit: (it’s old though)

https://movieweb.com/she-hulk-krysten-ritter-jessica-jones-disney-plus/