• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off center magazine slabs
3 3

28 posts in this topic

i just wanted to throw a question out there.. is it normal for magazine sized slabs to be off center? I have seen ton of examples on eBay and Instagram that were off center and just got my 1st mag submission back and 2 were very off center. Is this normal? should cgc fix this? I’m not super OCD but some are and this would drive them nuts.

thanks

97D1BDEA-50D1-43AA-854E-343BA7779C2F.jpeg

128ECBE5-DD7E-4A44-AF3F-8645C6FCB32D.jpeg

Edited by steve566

If you whack 'em really hard against the wall, do they scoot over to the other side, or are they permanently affixed closer to one side than the other?

No they aren't supposed to look like that. Doesn't even appear that they've slabbed those two using the correct size. You're just another victim of a company asleep at the wheel. Slabbed mag should look like this:

1367511691_2022-03-20-20-10-39-01-Copy.thumb.jpg.0923777591a5c971988a412e28835717.jpg

I have no idea what the dimensions are on those foreign editions you posted and it would appear CGC doesn't either. 

Edited by darkstar

On 4/8/2022 at 9:08 PM, oakman29 said:

Your slabs look like regular comics in a magazine sized holder, go figure.

These are both oversized comics, neither come close to fitting in a regular sized slab unfortunately. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:57 PM, darkstar said:

No they aren't supposed to look like that. Doesn't even appear that they've slabbed those two using the correct size. You're just another victim of a company asleep at the wheel. Slabbed mag should look like this:

1367511691_2022-03-20-20-10-39-01-Copy.thumb.jpg.0923777591a5c971988a412e28835717.jpgI have no idea what the dimensions are on those foreign editions you posted and it would appear CGC doesn't either. 

They are bigger than what fits in a normal comic slab but smaller than a full sized magazine like you pictured. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, Axe Elf said:

If you whack 'em really hard against the wall, do they scoot over to the other side, or are they permanently affixed closer to one side than the other?

No its not shaken comic syndrome. The inner well is set in this off center position

I’ve seen others set off center just like mine.. here’s some quick examples I found on eBay 

A5B1DABD-49BA-47B8-8914-DF6E93F5F1E5.jpeg

BBD4CA69-6A4B-4F0B-8772-FAF58C50B789.jpeg

75E2D543-2272-4F41-A92C-023CE3114EFA.jpeg

wondering it’s worth the hassle to send in as a ME or if CGC truly set these mags like that on purpose 😵🥴

Edited by steve566

On 4/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, oakman29 said:

Are they secure? Then get over it.

Haha wow, thanks for the valuable input… just asking if it’s normal or not..  I payed to have them incapsulated by “the industry leader” and seems pretty half assed to not center the comics in the slab

On 4/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, steve566 said:

Haha wow, thanks for the valuable input… just asking if it’s normal or not..  I payed to have them incapsulated by “the industry leader” and seems pretty half assed to not center the comics in the slab

It's okay sir . I'm just trying to make a strange situation more palatable. 

Edited by oakman29

On 4/8/2022 at 7:14 PM, steve566 said:

Telling of what? Haha the most common slabbed mags I could find were playboys and sports illustrated.. didn’t see the centering issue with sports illustrated for some reason though.. guess it’s a size thing

Bigger is better. My wife tells me all the time.😎

Playboys should be shifted to one side or the other, depending on which is your dominant hand.

God I wanted to say "mounted" there...

On 4/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, steve566 said:

Maybe you are not "super OCD", just the regular garden variety OCD. 

From the photo, both comics look like they have spacers in the slab on the left side, maybe to fill the void and keep the capsule from moving around.  If that is the situation and their intent, I doubt CGC would be putting spacers on all sides to keep it centered.  Turns it into a project.