• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane Comic Books
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2022 at 4:28 PM, Kosmo23 said:

What are the first issues done by Todd McFarlane?  And does anyone know the print amounts?

On 4/11/2022 at 5:07 AM, Grizlok said:

I'm not sure. I have a Spawn 1 signed by Todd but with no authentication

I have an old Pedro Guerrero baseball action figure from Todd's old line.

Coyote 11 by Epic comics is considered his first published work in a semi-mainstream comic

Coyote 13 by Epic comics is considered his first published cover in a semi-mainstream comic

He then had a two year run on DC's Infinity Inc. series (not sure of the issue numbers off hand)

There was an Alien Invasion (believe it was a2 issue series?) he worked on for DC.

He then worked on a couple issues of the Year Two Batman story and also the much loved cover for Batman 423

He then had his first Marvel work on the Hulk title (Hulk 330 I believe) and did a bunch of issues thereafter

Then he had his acclaimed work on Spidey. He also drew a Conan cover around this time.

Then he founded Image and Spawn

That's a brief-ish history with some obvious holes but hopefully gives you an idea where to go for earliest McFarlane stuff

Edited by comicginger1789