• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I submitted a card, and came back with marks. Please help!
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I would appreciate any help if possible. I recently submitted some cards and one of my cards came back different from what I sent. Very strange. Seems to have a new mark/finger print, which was not there when I sent. Please advise on how to fix. I am attaching photos, and I also have videos of me packaging and showing all aspects of the card before sending it off. 

Best,

Christian

94BAB98B-734F-4D36-884E-91E1B87A231B.jpeg

2C261750-FAF4-489F-BDC5-17E079124F3D.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello

Send an e-mail to customer service with the before and after pictures, and request a reholder, as it appears to be just on the slab, and not the card.  They should send you instructions and a shipping label to send the card back to us.  The e-mail Is:

service@cgccards.com

Mike

On 4/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

Send an e-mail to customer service with the before and after pictures, and request a reholder, as it appears to be just on the slab, and not the card.  They should send you instructions and a shipping label to send the card back to us.  The e-mail Is:

service@cgccards.com

Mike

Wouldn't it show up on the certification image then? https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4033892002/ 

Either way I had a similar thing happen with 8 in a bulk batch. 6/8 were resolved by reholdering which was great. The remaining 2 cards were sent back reholdered still slightly marked (wouldn't that be qualified for a value reimbursement rather than putting something back into the population that doesn't match grade and cert images?). Thankfully were lower value ones so I didn't care any further at that point.

Edited by JohnBurke

On 4/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, CGC Mike said:

Hello

service@cgccards.com

Mike

The mark was 100% on the card. I reached out to CGC customer service and was offered $20 credit. Not even enough to send the card in to be regraded with subgrades lol. 

Any who, I cracked the slab and wiped the mark right off. So sad, it was probably what stopped my card from receiving a 10. all subgrades were 10's besides the surface of a 9, I'm assuming because of the random smudge CGC put on it.

On 4/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, JohnBurke said:

Wouldn't it show up on the certification image then? https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4033892002/ 

Either way I had a similar thing happen with 8 in a bulk batch. 6/8 were resolved by reholdering which was great. The remaining 2 cards were sent back reholdered still slightly marked (wouldn't that be qualified for a value reimbursement rather than putting something back into the population that doesn't match grade and cert images?). Thankfully were lower value ones so I didn't care any further at that point.

Yea exactly my thoughts. My card should be a 10. Seems like population report. I was so high on CGC but most likely will just send this elsewhere, maybe it'll get treated with some respect.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, Reanimated Hobbies LLC said:

Bro, I asked to have my metal charizard returned because it was there for over a month (due to stabbing issues) I had to sell it raw because the face was all scratched up. We sign a waiver  when we do this.

That is awful, sorry you experienced that. Literally never sending my cards over again, we need like video evidence of the cards they grade because all these cases are very sus.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:40 PM, Christian Beato said:

Yea exactly my thoughts. My card should be a 10. Seems like population report. I was so high on CGC but most likely will just send this elsewhere, maybe it'll get treated with some respect.

No, with mine and yours this somehow occurred between the time it was graded and the time we received them back. You can tell because your cert image scan does not have the mark, nor did mine in the image scans.

If you would have submitted back as mechanical error they would have fixed it, not sure what that service rep was talking about maybe they didn't understand

Edit: here is the other topic of this occurrence: 

Edited by JohnBurke