• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Books - Grading Interior Staple / Digital Code Dents

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I was wondering if little things like staple dents and some impressions of the digital code (on the page beside it) get a pass from CGC when grading? I also ask because of the paper quality these days most books have this just from the get go (stacking books when shipping to store or storage in your comic bin with other comics). 

Thanks,

--James

It's a general post and not about a specific book. Open a few modern books and i'm sure you will see some slight indents on the right right of the code page or some staple dents in a few books.

On 4/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, *James* said:

It's a general post and not about a specific book. Open a few modern books and i'm sure you will see some slight indents on the right right of the code page or some staple dents in a few books.

The vast majority of new books fall into the 9.6 - 9.8 category. When you're in that range, little things can make the difference. But slight interior problems like the ones you've described don't usually impact the grade very much... :foryou:

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Honestly unless the page is torn I bet they hardly inspect each page as it would take a lot more time, I have just noticed it under the light and certain angles you can see these small impressions specially with those code pages.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:46 AM, *James* said:

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Honestly unless the page is torn I bet they hardly inspect each page as it would take a lot more time, I have just noticed it under the light and certain angles you can see these small impressions specially with those code pages.

A picture is worth a thousand words...   :foryou:

On 4/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, *James* said:

I'm not sure if I own any Moderns with digital codes. Also, I am at work right now.

I do have a stack of Rebirth-era Detective Comics in my cabinet, though...