• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Vampirella #34
3 3

6 posts in this topic

I'm really curious how a lot of these nice Vampirellas would grade out, but I have resisted asking the board, because it already seems like I'm posting them everywhere and I'm trying not to be obnoxiously ebullient.

But I think this is my favorite so far--at least out of the first third of the collection--#34.

Not only is it a classic titillating pose, but the framing is so exceptional for this particular copy.  The front cover is brilliantly white, the back cover is deeply black, and the centering is so perfect that no black from the back cover shows on the front, and no white from the front cover shows on the back.  It it wasn't for a couple of the tiniest little defects at the top and bottom of the spine, this thing would be damn near perfect!  I will have her up in the Gallery tomorrow night.

So how do you think it would grade?--hopefully somewhere in the 9s...  but 9.2?  9.4??  Dare I dream of a raw 48-year-old 9.6???

573550722_VAMPIRELLA34F.thumb.jpg.8d552bc9f2a83b25904e22fe3b287bdc.jpg1650768558_VAMPIRELLA34B.thumb.jpg.b3b7b2ee35ed58c60233f697c83121fc.jpg

I’m gonna say 9.2. Has a couple issues on the back but what I love is the cover is so purely white .. not stains or discolorations.. that is really tough.. the back is very clean and nice as well.. being a black cover it would show creases and general wear but there isn’t much there either. 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:53 PM, Februus said:

I’m gonna say 9.2. Has a couple issues on the back but what I love is the cover is so purely white .. not stains or discolorations.. that is really tough.. the back is very clean and nice as well.. being a black cover it would show creases and general wear but there isn’t much there either. 

I'll take that.

1112574468_CGCV34.thumb.JPG.682e1060f67939f5134b45cd2d7f2e51.JPG

On 4/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, AhsokaTano Jedi Apprentice said:

This wasn't cheap in 1974 was it......I don't think it is higher than 9.2

Cover price is $1; I don't know if that would be considered "cheap" for the time or not.

I'll take a 9.2.  :)