• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unlimited Meganium, Typhlosion, Pichu and Pikachu from Japan's SoulSilver Collection - are these mislabelled?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I wanted to start by thanking you for releasing the population report - I'm really happy to finally be able to have a look through all the weird and wonderful cards you've graded, and I'm genuinely impressed by the quantity of Pokémon you've graded in such a short time.

Pokémon Japan's HeartGold & SoulSilver set was split into two parts: HeartGold Collection (with a red L1 set label) and SoulSilver Collection (with a blue L1 set label). Both sets were only released in full in 1st edition, and the only unlimited cards to have been released in those sets that we're aware of are:

• HeartGold Collection's 015/070 and 016/070 Ho-Oh LEGEND cards;
  • SoulSilver Collection's 028/070 and 029/070 Lugia LEGEND cards;
  • HeartGold Collection's 022/070 Totodile;
  • SoulSilver Collection's 006/070 Chikorita;
  • SoulSilver Collection's 014/070 Cyndaquil.

The Ho-Oh and Lugia LEGEND cards were released as part of a "Legendary Pokémon Present Campaign", and so far we're unaware of how the 3 starter Pokémon were distributed - we only know that those exist.

I was surprised today to check your population report to find some additional cards from the SoulSilver Collection set are listed on your pop report as having been graded without being denoted as 1st edition:

• A CGC 9 009/070 Meganium (link);
  • A CGC 8 017/070 Typhlosion (link);
  • A CGC 6.5 031/070 Pichu (link);
  • A CGC 9 032/070 reverse Pikachu (link).

For my own sanity as a Pichu collector I was able to track down the CGC 6.5 Pichu and found that this one is mislabelled (the 1st Edition symbol on these sets is located in the lower left corner): https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/3759120396.

I'm assuming the other three cards are also mislabelled, but I wasn't able to find those online. If these aren't mislabelled, could you kindly share a picture of them? This would be a new discovery for most of us in the Pokémon community who care about this set.

Many thanks!

GoAnuGph[1].png

Edited by PichuCollector
Added Pichu image.

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! The wonderful thing about having images of every card we've ever graded is being able to fix mistakes like this. I will put our database manager on this right now to check all the "Unlimited" cards from this set and make changes to the database as neccesary. 

Thank you,

Paul

• Administrator

Just an update: We updated those 4 certs that were incorrect, and are in the process of removing the erroneous card ID's from our system.

Thanks again!

Paul