• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a 9.2 TMNT 3 Universal Label with ""Eastman"" & ""Laird"" written on interior cover in pen that I submitted for Eastman witnessed signing.
2 2

7 posts in this topic

As per the title I have a TMNT 3 Universal Label with ""Eastman"" & ""Laird"" written on interior cover in pen that I submitted (uncracked) for the Eastman witnessed signing. I have done some research and some are saying that if it was a neat signature it will come back just signature series WITHOUT the qualified label. I have also read that it will definitely come back with qualified signature series label. The issue I am finding is that all those posts were from 2014 - 2015. Nothing more recent on the subject. The Cert Number is: 1263901001 I have also read that it will effect the grade if I want it to come back a signature series non qualified label which I am okay with. I can see the indents on the pen from the front cover. Hopefully a press and clean may bump up the grade 1 or 2 points. The book got originally graded in 2014. Has there been a policy change recently? I definitely do not want the qualified label at all. I would rather not have it signed then honestly. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

*Edited for spell correction

Edited by tommy1292

Had the same with my Copy of TMNT #2 that I submitted for Eastman signing last year. Previous Blue Label noted two names written in ink on inside cover. After signing came back Yellow Label with Eastman noted signature on the front now and still holding a note of the two names written in ink. You should get the same unless there's something else to make it green. 

On 4/17/2022 at 3:06 PM, shadroch said:

Those signatures shouldn't cause a green label. I had several #3s signed as the creators attended a convention I set up at.  Two I sold were submitted and both came back blue. One was an 8.5 and the other a 7.0

Wow, this is super helpful.  I have a TMNT #3 signed on the inside front cover by Eastman in the late 1980s with a little turtle head next to his signature.  Good news: it looks like I'll get a blue label.  Bad news: Slabbing it means I won't get to see the awesome sig and remarque :(