• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

captain britain

22 posts in this topic

On 4/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, Nick H (UK) said:

This was sent with mask and was graded in the last month or so.

CGC3980673-001_OBV.JPG

That's remarkable, to have stayed in that condition, given how comparatively flimsy they were. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, batmiesta said:

Surprisingly! There are more 9.8s  than 9.6s certified, 134 to 95 . :whatthe:

Doesn't seem right, does it. I can still remember buying it. Where does the time go....

On 4/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, batmiesta said:

Yeah! 10p :cry:

Sigh... That wouldn't buy you one Chewit today. 

Was there a warehouse find, causing all these high grade copies? I know there was a warehouse find of Doctor Who Weekly #1 a while back. Maybe the same happened here. 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:54 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Was there a warehouse find, causing all these high grade copies? I know there was a warehouse find of Doctor Who Weekly #1 a while back. Maybe the same happened here. 

May well have been, I remember a pal of mine saying he bought 10 copies from a UK dealer years ago, he said the dealer had stacks of them, all long gone now though.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:48 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's remarkable, to have stayed in that condition, given how comparatively flimsy they were. 

I was a bit surprised at the grade, to be fair. Obviously the paper quality is so different to the USA comics, so it's difficult to compare. Obviously pleased to get the 9.8.

That is silly money for #8. Assume this makes it the most valuable Marvel UK issue (except maybe the 180/181 reprints?

Don't think #24 commands a premium compared to other issues around it but a nice copy with the free gift is always going to be more desirable. 

I loved this series and remember it as it was issue, even though I was only 4🙂

Edited for spelling 

Edited by nmtg9

On 5/4/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ash469 said:

also does anybody have a rough idea how much the #24 with the free gift would be worth, can't seem to find any for sale to get a rough idea.

Thanks

16516687525543822468232350176873.jpg

This is actually a lot harder to find than #1 with the free gift, as for value it would come down to condition of the book and jet I think. 

On 4/19/2022 at 5:54 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

My LCS in the U.S. sold them off the stand.  So they were direct distributed in U.S.  Also true for other UK editions I own, including annuals.