• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How did this end up in my collection?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Anybody ever thumbed through their stacks or portfolios or spreadsheets and come across an entry that baffled them? I'm usually meticulous about documenting the provenance, cost, and other details so my family can more easily unload my collection when I kick the bucket. Morbid thought! But anyway, I have this page that I know nothing about. It's not labeled, and it's not in my documentation file. It's not in my purchase history on eBay, ComicLink, or Heritage Auctions. (Comic Connect doesn't seem to have that feature, which is irksome.) So... anybody have a guess what it might be? Anybody else have stories about mystery pieces?

e9PhwXw.thumb.jpg.733556a15c8ac564f53e5c2d8acb406b.jpg

On 4/15/2022 at 5:12 PM, Rick2you2 said:

On some occasions, I have bought things directly from artists who have thrown in some bonuses, like a pencil sketch, an extra page they apparently decided to gift me, a poster, signed comic, etc. Did you buy anything directly from the artist recently?

I don't believe that I got this that way. But part of the problem is that I have no idea what artist or series this is.

Well the paper itself is branded First Comics Publishing, might be a page from one of their publications? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_First_Comics_publications I know this doesn't have to be true but maybe if you have a lot of free time to go diving into their titles to see if any characters look similar to those in your piece its a decent lead to chase imo.

Good luck!