• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about CrossOver
2 2

5 posts in this topic

If I’m sending in a CBCS comic to “CrossOver” to a CGC holder does that book go through a whole new grading process?  Or would they take the 9.8 out of the CBCS slab and put it in a CGC 9.8 slab?  Now I understand that if I turn in a crushed, broken, water submerged CBCS slab they won’t go and give it the same grade, but what I’m talking about is a minty CBCS slab converted to a CGC. 

thanks in advance!!

As soon as you select CrossOver as your Service, you get this pop-up disclaimer:

925353455_Screenshot2022-04-19at22-15-40SelectServicesCGC.thumb.png.aa4fdede3fa7af560bcc0fb895d0cc44.png

The 3rd bullet point down says it is a Regrade, and not guaranteed to be the same grade.  Looks like CrossOver has a 5% discount attached to it, below your regular cost, but basically you are paying for a fresh grade (like it or not). 

I can't see CGC ever taking some other company's grade at face value without comparing it to their own standards.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, 12:34 said:

According to their website, the Crossover offer has expired:

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/6924/

Yes, it does say that the 2019 offer has expired, but that article is referring to a time when there was a 40%-50% discount for CrossOvers, like they were actively trying to get people over to CGC from competitors.

Checking again, CrossOvers are going through at the same price as a regular submission, whichever tier is used (my bad).  When I did a simulated submission of a Crossover Modern, it came in at $22.80, and I saw that it was a 5% discount from the $24 tier price advertised.  It is a 5% discount, but a regular Modern also shows at $22.80, due to membership.  So that's what made me think it was a bit lower.