• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on modern comic artist? Your fav?
6 6

65 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, Laszlo the Mudjar said:

Having all of 3 modern comics in my collection, I am woefully lacking in knowledge as regards modern day comic artists so I was wondering if there is/are standout favs amongst boardees here??

Good question.  The Modern Era has approached/passed (your mileage may vary) the 30 year mark so there’s a lot of artists that can be included in this thread.

im very familiar with most of the artists mentioned whose work was published from 1990-2005, but I’m unfamiliar with most from 2006-present.

I think this is a great thread to become familiar with some great new artists, and perhaps pick up a page or two of really nice OA.  👍🏻

I really like, Alessandro  Cappuccio, an Italian artist who's currently working for Marvel on the new Moon Knight series. A lot of his stuff is digital but he does do a few pages traditionally with a ton of people wanting one. I think publicly he's only sold 5 pieces total though his rep and one of them wasn't even published. They all sold within in minutes of the drop. There's only one page on CAF and that wasn't one of the pieces offered at his drop so I guess a few might have been sold when a big offer was made at the one con he's been to in the US so far. 

Here's one of the pages that got offered as an example of his work.

1497759664_alessandromoonknightpageexample.PNG.26351226b9df3611c803d359c383c8bb.PNG 

On 8/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I really like, Alessandro  Cappuccio, an Italian artist who's currently working for Marvel on the new Moon Knight series. A lot of his stuff is digital but he does do a few pages traditionally with a ton of people wanting one. I think publicly he's only sold 5 pieces total though his rep and one of them wasn't even published. They all sold within in minutes of the drop. There's only one page on CAF and that wasn't one of the pieces offered at his drop so I guess a few might have been sold when a big offer was made at the one con he's been to in the US so far. 

Nice page! Some artists must really hate working traditionally, considering how much money they're leaving laying on the table by going digital.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, RBerman said:

Nice page! Some artists must really hate working traditionally, considering how much money they're leaving laying on the table by going digital.

Yeah it's really weird especially when their art is is in such high demand. Guess they too it for time constraints or because it allows them to sell the ones they do do normally for a higher price because of the scarcity? Also, that page isn't mine and was meant to be shown as an example of his work. Wasn't sure if that was clear looking at the post now. I however might be able to post something soon though.