• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crushed/Flattened?

21 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2022 at 5:40 PM, Comics Are Go said:

I just received the grader notes on a magazine submission from last year (!), and on a Rapheal 1 (7.5) the note reads "Whole Book Crushed/Flattened."

Anyone seen that before? I mean, I did have it pressed....

Did you use CCS or an outside pressing service?

On 4/20/2022 at 10:32 PM, Comics Are Go said:

I used an outside service, and he typically does great work. The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this one was TOO pressed, maybe?

That honestly does sound like what the grader note is trying to tell us.

The spine of a comic should be rounded when it is properly pressed.  Some pressers think the answer to stubborn spine ticks is to up the pressure.  Oftentimes, especially if they use a lot of moisture, you will see a crushed spine.  It's more of a V shape than a U shape.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

Far too many people in this hobby think that buying a press and watching a few youtube videos makes them an expert on pressing. It's pathetic

Someone nerf this man's abominable username.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 4/21/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

Far too many people in this hobby think that buying a press and watching a few youtube videos makes them an expert on pressing. It's pathetic

Someone nerf this man's abominable username.

Pot, meet kettle :baiting:

On 4/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

I always read it as "Captain Asparagus."

On 4/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 4/21/2022 at 12:12 PM, Jeffrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo said:

I'm all-natural, you're just puffing your chest out. :slapfight:

It's more like kind of a long exhale.

Too bad the character limit wasn't higher. It'd be really obnoxious then

On 4/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, Comics Are Go said:

I used an outside service, and he typically does great work. The thought has crossed my mind that maybe this one was TOO pressed, maybe?

Do you have a picture of the book? Especially the spine?