• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Williamsport Pedigree copies

14 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Robot Man said:

I don’t see them noted in their list. Any back story? I’ve never heard of these. 

An original owner collection from Williamsport, PA.  Had a very nice run of Superman from late 40s/50s, many of which slabbed as highest graded at the time.  Purchased by a Boardie using retirement funds, which according to him, ultimately worked out very well when he sold them via various venues including Heritage.

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231+52+1060&Nty=1&Ntt=williamsport+collection&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

On 4/21/2022 at 8:15 AM, Robot Man said:

I don’t see them noted in their list. Any back story? I’ve never heard of these. 

Although it's not one of the 59 CGC pedigrees listed on that link, you can see it if you hit the "Browse by Pedigree" drop down box and then simply scroll down to Williamsport where you will see some sample copies of this "pedigree" that other collectors have uploaded.  :gossip:

On 4/22/2022 at 12:14 AM, Silver said:

I have the Superboy 5 and 10 Williamsport. The 5 was census highest until the Promise collection.

Can you post them here? Thanks!

The Superboy 10 I bought from Heritage. I don't remember how but I got in touch with the  person who got the collection and worked out a deal for the 5 sometime later. I bought it raw and had it slabbed. These are my only Williamsports. 

On 4/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, Silver said:

The Superboy 10 I bought from Heritage. I don't remember how but I got in touch with the  person who got the collection and worked out a deal for the 5 sometime later. I bought it raw and had it slabbed. These are my only Williamsports. 

Thanks for posting these beauties!