• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FedEx Relabeled - Double Labeled
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I ordered the TASCHEN Spider-Man (limited edition) and awoke this morning to discover it was out for delivery. Wasn't supposed to arrive until Monday. Later in the morning, I see the package marked as 'arrived'. I walk out and see an oversized box (about the size of an ironing box). I look around, but no box. I ring FedEx and ask if they can find out where the driver dropped it off. During our conversation, I walked back and look at the oversized box. I see my name on it, and it's the same tracking number. Wow, I think to myself, did they really need that much packaging? Or, does the book come with something else. I keep FedEx on the phone as I begin to unpackaged the box. Inside, a really cheap bookshelf. I flip the box over and see another label with a different name and delivery address. I look at the label with my name and it is clear, someone placed it on the box after it shipped. It a piece of paper inside a sealed clear transparent envelope that has adhesive on the back. Next to it, I see another sticker that says "relabeled". 

In short, someone took the label from my box (probably fell off), stuck on another box which already had a label on it, and added a "relabeled" sticker on it. The box I received is now approximately 3,000 miles from where it supposed to be. Where is my box? Who knows. I'm guessing Los Angeles because that's where these boxes crossed paths. And...now there's a box with a kick- book floating within FedEx without a label. TASCHEN quickly agreed to provide me with another book. 

What is the probability FedEx will find the book?

PS - Anyone need a really cheap bookshelf? It's free.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I ordered the TASCHEN Spider-Man (limited edition) and awoke this morning to discover it was out for delivery. Wasn't supposed to arrive until Monday. Later in the morning, I see the package marked as 'arrived'. I walk out and see an oversized box (about the size of an ironing box). I look around, but no box. I ring FedEx and ask if they can find out where the driver dropped it off. During our conversation, I walked back and look at the oversized box. I see my name on it, and it's the same tracking number. Wow, I think to myself, did they really need that much packaging? Or, does the book come with something else. I keep FedEx on the phone as I begin to unpackaged the box. Inside, a really cheap bookshelf. I flip the box over and see another label with a different name and delivery address. I look at the label with my name and it is clear, someone placed it on the box after it shipped. It a piece of paper inside a sealed clear transparent envelope that has adhesive on the back. Next to it, I see another sticker that says "relabeled". 

In short, someone took the label from my box (probably fell off), stuck on another box which already had a label on it, and added a "relabeled" sticker on it. The box I received is now approximately 3,000 miles from where it supposed to be. Where is my box? Who knows. I'm guessing Los Angeles because that's where these boxes crossed paths. And...now there's a box with a kick- book floating within FedEx without a label. TASCHEN quickly agreed to provide me with another book. 

What is the probability FedEx will find the book?

:takeit: I like bookshelves if you're really just giving it away 

That's one hell of a story lol, I think what happens with boxes like those which can't get delivered is that they open the box and record and store the contents somewhere so if someone calls they can check to see if they have their missing items. 

On 4/23/2022 at 10:17 PM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I flip the box over and see another label with a different name and delivery address.

Wouldn't that person want their bookshelf? ???

On 4/24/2022 at 1:12 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Wouldn't that person want their bookshelf? ???

Because it was delivered to the wrong address "correctly" the shipper will end up eating it.

But yeah the OP could certainly reach out to the shipper and tell them what happened to see if they want to provide a new shipping label.  Companies like Amazon will just tell you to do with it what you want, I was told that with over hundreds of dollars in product accidentally delivered to me multiple times over the years, I still call to try and make it right.