• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 1 Results
9 9

60 posts in this topic

I'm bummed I missed the mark on that Batman 248 soo much. Freaking 3 grades off. Solid on all the others, but my one blemish. And the Tec 32 and Hulk 3 I was going back and forth on what I chose, and what would have been a perfect match. Oh well, will be interesting to see how round 2 comes out.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:25 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I'm bummed I missed the mark on that Batman 248 soo much. Freaking 3 grades off. Solid on all the others, but my one blemish. And the Tec 32 and Hulk 3 I was going back and forth on what I chose, and what would have been a perfect match. Oh well, will be interesting to see how round 2 comes out.

I had the Batman 248 at an 8.5 - 4 grades off lol.  Looking at it again, I see I was high, but 6.5 seems pretty tough for that book.  I must be getting crushed on prices when I buy raw books at shows lol

On 5/3/2022 at 4:58 PM, Skunkboy said:

I had the Batman 248 at an 8.5 - 4 grades off lol.  Looking at it again, I see I was high, but 6.5 seems pretty tough for that book.  I must be getting crushed on prices when I buy raw books at shows lol

Yeah I must have missed something lol, because felt higher.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:58 PM, Skunkboy said:

The actual grade was 7.5, so you're only 2 grades off.

ugh, no bullseyes for me this round. 7 points. I was at 6.5 on the Annual and 9.2 on x283, one off on the rest. Dang. I felt very good about those grades. Let's see a ranking table please @CGC Mike

• Administrator
On 5/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Bird said:

ugh, no bullseyes for me this round. 7 points. I was at 6.5 on the Annual and 9.2 on x283, one off on the rest. Dang. I felt very good about those grades. Let's see a ranking table please @CGC Mike

The results for round 2 have been posted.

If nothing else, my performance in this contests gives me hope for my Hulk 181 that joeypost has that will be submitted to CGC.  I have it anywhere from 6.0 to 7.5.  Since my grading in this contest has been harsher than CGC--with one exception--maybe my Hulk 181 will be a 9.8!:baiting: