• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THAT '90S SHOW (TBD)
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Interesting that Masterson won't be returning. Wonder if it's the whole rapist thing. I'd like to think so. Another loss for Scientology. 

On 5/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, Cat said:

Interesting that Masterson won't be returning. Wonder if it's the whole rapist thing. I'd like to think so. Another loss for Scientology. 

Yeah - it's likely the rapist thing. Three credible rape allegations (separate women, separate instances) with a criminal trial date set for this fall.

If convicted, he faces up to 45 years in prison.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 12/23/2022 at 5:27 AM, media_junkie said:

Is this supposed to be funny?  I didn't even crack a smile while watching that much less laugh.

I smiled when the trailer finished because I had my life back, does that count? 

Otherwise, it looks like a load of wank. 

C'mon, you didn't crack a smile at Chez Fez? That's 100% a Fez-ism.

Looks fun and dorky. I will not let my highbrow desires for comedy ruin the excitement of seeing Red Foreman again. :takeit:

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 12/30/2022 at 2:44 PM, Dr. Balls said:

C'mon, you didn't crack a smile at Chez Fez? That's 100% a Fez-ism.

Looks fun and dorky. I will not let my highbrow desires for comedy ruin the excitement of seeing Red Foreman again. :takeit:

Kurtwood Smith is the only reason I'll still give this show a shot despite my exceedingly low enthusiasm for the trailer.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, mattn792 said:

Kurtwood Smith is the only reason I'll still give this show a shot despite my exceedingly low enthusiasm for the trailer.

Yeah, I mean - I can see why it doesn't resonate with everyone. I watched that 70's show the week it came out (It preceded X-Files on Sunday nights on Fox, so we watched it while waiting) and from the first episode, we were hooked. It was hilariously well-done, and we watched it every Sunday for a few seasons until X-Files got moved to a different slot. The trailer doesn't give me that vibe, but I'm still excited to see it.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

All of the promotional material I've seen leads me to think that this will somehow be worse than That 80's Show...

That 80's Show was pretty rough. I think we watched one episode and never went back to it.

Bump for the 1st episode. Thought it was fun. It was pretty cool seeing the Foreman house practically unchanged (as Red would probably have it).

Watched the first three or four episodes last night, and whoever put that trailer together should definitely be fired.  There’s some good laughs to be had, and it hasn’t overdone it on the nostalgia of ‘70’s.

My biggest gripe so far is that there have been a number of moments where it feels like the show is set in 2023 rather than 1995.