• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FCBD 2022
1 1

29 posts in this topic

I stopped by a local store (Carol & Johns) since Jim Shooter was signing books from 10:00 - 5:00 PM on Saturday.  Line was crazy long so I stood in line talking comics but ended up getting tired after 90 minutes of standing on concrete so I bailed on getting anything signed.  They let everyone grab 12 FCBD books so I got an assortment of little kids books to give away this Halloween.  Stopped into two other nearby stores and one of them had no free books and the other one kept it to 5 free books so I got a total of 17 books to give away to the kiddies.

Edited by 1Cool

On 5/5/2022 at 11:21 AM, Robbj24 said:

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with Jim Shooter not returning a comic book that you let him take to do a remark on? Back in December of 2021 at the Charleston comic con. I brought my favorite copy of SW #8 that had signatures and remarks from both Mike Zeck and John Beatty and I was extremely excited to get a 3rd remark and signature on it from Mr. Shooter. He was kind of busy at the con so he told me that he would take the book with him and do the remark that I picked out from his sketch book and return it. I paid in advance with his representative and have reciepts etc. I was told it would be 2-3 months when I get the book back. I still have not received the book and I am getting a little worried. Has anyone else had similar experiences??? Thanks in advance!!!!

Also, does anyone know how I could get in contact with Mr. Shooter directly?

On 5/9/2022 at 9:31 AM, 1Cool said:

I stopped by a local store (Carol & Johns) since Jim Shooter was signing books from 10:00 - 5:00 PM on Saturday.  Line was crazy long so I stood in line talking comics but ended up getting tired after 90 minutes of standing on concrete so I bailed on getting anything signed.  They let everyone grab 12 FCBD books so I got an assortment of little kids books to give away this Halloween.  Stopped into two other nearby stores and one of them had no free books and the other one kept it to 5 free books so I got a total of 17 books to give away to the kiddies.

:tonofbricks:

On 5/9/2022 at 4:38 PM, Domo Arigato said:

:tonofbricks:

Whoops - sorry about that.  I heard about it Friday and didn't put it together with your post.  Apologies! 

On 5/9/2022 at 4:34 PM, 1Cool said:

Whoops - sorry about that.  I heard about it Friday and didn't put it together with your post.  Apologies! 

No worries......it wasn't my post.

I just remembered Robbj24 starting a thread last week asking how to contact him in his post.  With the size of the line, it doesn't sound like you were able to talk to him anyway.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, Kramerica said:

I'm really looking forward to FCBD this year :banana: I've been grading and pricing back issues like a madman over the past few days as well as helping create 70 Mystery Boxes......one of which will have one of these:

Wolverine (Limited Series) #1 (Marvel, 1982) CGC NM/MT 9.8 | Lot #16257 |  Heritage Auctions

Tini Howard and David Mack will be signing too and we'll be showing off our new Hulk #6 exclusive by Larry Houston from X-Men Animated series fame:

IMG_6991.thumb.jpeg.bffb4e09b3d16c28de04ee69c4be8a73.jpegIMG_6989.thumb.jpeg.0f15893fd65f84ab4b78acf2b7b12859.jpeg

If anyone is located nearby Newbury Park, CA or Ventura, CA you should stop by Arsenal Comics & Games for a cool time. David Mack is signing at the Ventura store while Tini Howard will be at the Newbury Park store. I'll probably be floating between both stores.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc1gUf5JMWY/

On 5/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, Kramerica said:

I'm really looking forward to FCBD this year :banana: I've been grading and pricing back issues like a madman over the past few days as well as helping create 70 Mystery Boxes......one of which will have one of these:

Wolverine (Limited Series) #1 (Marvel, 1982) CGC NM/MT 9.8 | Lot #16257 |  Heritage Auctions

Tini Howard and David Mack will be signing too and we'll be showing off our new Hulk #6 exclusive by Larry Houston from X-Men Animated series fame:

IMG_6991.thumb.jpeg.bffb4e09b3d16c28de04ee69c4be8a73.jpegIMG_6989.thumb.jpeg.0f15893fd65f84ab4b78acf2b7b12859.jpeg

If anyone is located nearby Newbury Park, CA or Ventura, CA you should stop by Arsenal Comics & Games for a cool time. David Mack is signing at the Ventura store while Tini Howard will be at the Newbury Park store. I'll probably be floating between both stores.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc1gUf5JMWY/

My California Geography is a little sketchy. Is this shop near Ventura Beach, as I will be staying there this summer? Is it worth the trek?

On 5/9/2022 at 6:36 PM, piper said:

My California Geography is a little sketchy. Is this shop near Ventura Beach, as I will be staying there this summer? Is it worth the trek?

It is close....maybe 2 miles from the Beach Hotel area. As far as inventory it fluctuates as far as what we have in at the time. Right now the stores (Ventura and Newbury Park) have some decent SA/BA books. Nothing earth shattering. No GA. But definitely worth a visit as it's close to where you'll be staying: Arsenal Comics & Games

Got a few comics and some TMNT's.  The only book I wanted was the TMNT FCBD book which I had to work that day but my local comic shop gave me one when I walked by without having to wait for a 1000 people.  The joe books I grabbed as trade fodder for Joe books I need.  Then grabbed the full set of TMNT that look retro.

fcbd2022.jpg

tmnt4.jpg