• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Was Aquaman's First Comic Cover?

24 posts in this topic

i had a senior partner for many years who once made a prescient observation about another partner of mine, widely beloved but capable of making you scratch your head bald with his observations/comments.  one of us got a 911, and the day it drove up in the back parking lot, basically the whole firm turned out to see the new red sports car--lawyers, paralegals, secretaries.   many things heard:  "what's the top end?"   "how fast 0-60?"  "does it really have an air-cooled engine?"   "what's that big tail on the back do?"    and, then, from the partner #2--"does it have a full size spare tire?"   this pretty much shut down the gathering, and everyone filed back in thinking wtf?

in coffee room later, wondering what the hell was he thinking, the senior partner explained it:  "somewhere along the line, Frank confused being cute with being stupid."   30 years later, it still resonates.

On 4/15/2024 at 11:56 PM, Hepcat said:

My vote for the lamest goes to Captain America. I'm not a fan of that jingoistic all-American shtick of his.

:451621943_canadianbananaflaggif:

This guy your preferred alternative?

IMG_0174.jpeg

Don't be ridiculous. :tonofbricks: I'm of Lithuanian descent. My uncle was taken to Siberia by the Soviets where he eventually perished.

But for multifold reasons I despise Captain America. If I'm limited to "Captain" superheroes, here's my top choice:

main-qimg-b959d4b34436b0a5cf5c064bfc749a

If however I have to choose a Timely hero, it's going to be Sub-Mariner or better yet this one:

_Blonde_Phantom.png_filename*_UTF-8_Blon

So you can stuff your Captain America.

:mad: