• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will the real 9.8 please stand up
1 1

9 posts in this topic

The first pic is two glued Orange variants that were expertly extracted from the Previews Magazine by a friend of mine (notice the edge tearing and trimming at the side and top of the books). The second pic is one of an unglued copy that I obtained at the Diamond Distributors Retail Sale in the Summer of 1993. Let's be clear, these are the same exact book just one was put in the Previews and the other was rescued from that horrible fate. All three books have been counted on the census as the same book (Deathmate Preview #nn Orange Variant). Can anyone explain to me why these two books graded the same?

dmcgc.jpg

dmatenn.jpg

On 5/9/2022 at 7:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Probably for the same reason that a regular 9.8 and a comic book with a common MFG flaw can receive the same grade.

This is the answer.....
Did someone else ask this same question a month ago??

On 5/6/2022 at 4:08 PM, bandbsdad said:

The first pic is two glued Orange variants that were expertly extracted from the Previews Magazine by a friend of mine (notice the edge tearing and trimming at the side and top of the books). The second pic is one of an unglued copy that I obtained at the Diamond Distributors Retail Sale in the Summer of 1993. Let's be clear, these are the same exact book just one was put in the Previews and the other was rescued from that horrible fate. All three books have been counted on the census as the same book (Deathmate Preview #nn Orange Variant). Can anyone explain to me why these two books graded the same?

dmcgc.jpg

dmatenn.jpg

Maybe I am blind but it is VERY hard to tell what the difference here is between the two condition wise. So when asking why they both received the same grade, I would assume the answer is because they were both the same grade.....

On 5/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Maybe I am blind but it is VERY hard to tell what the difference here is between the two condition wise. So when asking why they both received the same grade, I would assume the answer is because they were both the same grade.....

Yeah, but it might be easier to see the difference if somebody learned to eat potatoes and take pictures with cameras.