• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Venus 19 [GRADE IS IN]
2 2

20 posts in this topic

In my experience, books with severely miscut top/bottom edges are frequently cockeyed (strongly tilted) once slabbed, since the encapsulation room crew often uses the bottom edge (rather than the spine) to align the book in the well/holder.  Let's hope they show a bit more care in this case.  :wishluck:  Otherwise, this wonderful book may show up in a magazine-size holder looking like this: 

V19b.thumb.jpg.fdb1bcaaf28e79014ccead4da6a005ff.jpg

Edited by zzutak
Image Added

On 5/6/2022 at 8:04 PM, zzutak said:

In my experience, books with severely miscut top/bottom edges are frequently cockeyed (strongly tilted) once slabbed, since the encapsulation room crew often uses the bottom edge (rather than the spine) to align the book in the well/holder.  Let's hope they show a bit more care in this case.  :wishluck:

What's about your grade experience in that miscut copy?

On 5/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, kav said:

yeah 3.5 for sure

On 5/6/2022 at 6:59 PM, Point Five said:

Tough one... eye appeal is great but some structural stuff going on. I'll guess 3.5. Very nice!

Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.

On 5/6/2022 at 7:23 PM, zzutak said:

I've never submitted a book that had a miscut so severe that it cut thru story panels.  However, I imagine there are examples out there.

lf (24).jpeg

lf (18).jpeg

lf (12).jpeg

That didn't take long!  (worship)  The encapsulation issue I referred to above arises because, if "properly" aligned (as shown below), the book will be taller than a GA/SA holder allows.  I guess we'll know soon enough whether I'm right or wrong.  :shy:

V19c.thumb.jpg.2053240f7249f34db811c699cac6b096.jpg

On 5/12/2022 at 6:59 PM, Dark Knight said:

Pretty happy :banana:.  Glad the book was not placed in those ugly oversized slabs.  I guess CGC has managed to somehow fit badly mis-cut books into their regular sized holders.

Venus #19 CGC 4.0.jpg

It looks great! Thanks for updating us. Nice grade too.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, Dark Knight said:

Pretty happy :banana:.  Glad the book was not placed in those ugly oversized slabs.  I guess CGC has managed to somehow fit badly mis-cut books into their regular sized holders.

Venus #19 CGC 4.0.jpg

And what prey tell is wrong with magazine slabs . 🤨