• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I resolve this? First time grading - came back with holder issues.
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am very new to the comic collecting community and decided to jump in by grading the new JLA/Avengers tpb. I just got my comic back from CGC today and immediately noticed it does not have the custom universal George Perez label I ordered. When I started handling it, it felt like I was moving the plastic around. upon inspection, this is when I noticed that the seam on the right side of the holder has a gap. I am assuming this should not be - but I am new to this so please confirm.

Assuming this should be fully enclosed and not have this gap, what does CGC do when a customer receives their product back with issues, in this case a defective holder and wrong label? I have attached photos for reference. Please let me know if my order number or additional photos are required. 

Also, I ordered a High Res image and did not receive this as well. 

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry about that!  I do see where you had requested the George Perez label on your order.  If you would like to send that back to us, we can get that corrected for you at no charge.  Please just call or email us the certification number and the issue and we will send you instructions and a link to a pre-paid shipping label to send that back to us.  You can call us at 877-662-6642 and email us at: submissions@cgccomics.com. 

I can't really tell from the images if there is any issue with the holder.  There can sometimes be some minor movement within the holder and this is normal.  As long as the book is secure in the inner well there should be no issue.  If you send the book back to have the label corrected, we will also reholder that for you and it should take care of any issues with the holder also.  

Thank you!

On 5/10/2022 at 8:42 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  I am sorry about that!  I do see where you had requested the George Perez label on your order.  If you would like to send that back to us, we can get that corrected for you at no charge.  Please just call or email us the certification number and the issue and we will send you instructions and a link to a pre-paid shipping label to send that back to us.  You can call us at 877-662-6642 and email us at: submissions@cgccomics.com. 

I can't really tell from the images if there is any issue with the holder.  There can sometimes be some minor movement within the holder and this is normal.  As long as the book is secure in the inner well there should be no issue.  If you send the book back to have the label corrected, we will also reholder that for you and it should take care of any issues with the holder also.  

Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,

Looks like there is a gap on one side of the slab. It didn't get completely sealed. I haven't sent this book in myself because they have always told be that a 1/4 inch is about the thickest they will slab. This book is about a 1/2 inch thick. Can they slab books this thick now?

• Administrator

We can slab books up to 1/2 inch thick but that would need our magazine holder.  The magazine size holders are larger and can fit larger and/or thicker books than the comic holder.  However, the magazine size holder is only sealed at the four corners and not all the way around.  So, on those size holders, you will see areas on the top and bottom as well as the sides that are not completely sealed.  This is normal for this size holder.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!