• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't Have Time to Collect? Why Not Just BUY a Collection!!!

14 posts in this topic

Hmmmm, bet it doesn't sell. I'd love to get 30% of Guide for my Good, VG and Fine Silver and Bronze Age books.

Come to think of it, I think I just tossed another stack to the brats next door. What a fool I am!!! grin.gif

Its hard to choose between a whole mess o' books (1000s) at a few dollars apiece vs one super-inflated hot book .......BUT---given that choice here, I'd have to go with the 181 and hope it remains the best copy and Wolverine the mostpopular character of his generation. This is assuming that this collection has lots more VGs and Fs and only a handful of true high grades. I think JGreen will have better luck with his pile of hi and near-hi-grade comics than this run-of-the-mill collection.

Buy the Hulk 181 CGC 9.8. For one thing, it's cheaper and won't cost $200 to $400 to ship it. It's also easier to store than this mound of comics.

Althuogh he does have a "Savage She-Hulk" #1...hmmmm...oops, I've already got two, one in CGC 9.6, so, nope, won't be spending $25K on this stuff.

I bought a collection a couple years ago with a lot better stuff than that for about $12 - $14,000 Canadian. Had a lot more silver age stuff in it and in better grades. Don't think this will sell either, but all it takes is one guy.

What else you could do with 25 grand..

1) Pay off old debts

2) Have someone wacked

3) Invest in an incredible portfolio that makes you rich in 5 years.

4) learn a new trade

5) Downpayment on real estate and watch it appreciate exponentionally (in CA at least)

or

6) Buy a bunch of old comics that might be worth $25,000 because some airy fairy price guide says they are.

Well I remember Joe saying the only way to make money is to buy low and sell high, just like the stock market. And the best way to buy low is to find a colleciton before the dealers get at it. Worked for me very well.

Those books I got would have cost me a fortune if I bought them bit by bit by a dealer or e-bay. And the conditions of the books for many of them would not have been as nice. Problem is, a collection like that doesn't come along to often, and one does (like this one on e-bay) the seller usually feels it's worth more than what people are willing to pay for it.