• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying Some 1950s OA

11 posts in this topic

On 5/14/2022 at 10:42 PM, lemonman6 said:

I just bought some OA from someone and it seems to be all Mike Sekowsky stuff from the 1950s but I can’t figure out what books these 5 pieces are from. Can anyone help out?

7B8030DF-7C2D-463B-A197-8B921702FB11.jpeg

Sekowsky drew the covers and some stories for Surprise Adventures #3-5 in 1955.

Any 50s sci fi fans? Those 4 pages are wracking my brain. I just want to know the title, but can’t seem to figure it out. I figured it was something from Sterling (since everything else is from them) but none of the stories match up (according to the synopsis on Mycomicshop).

Another thing you could do would be to browse the websites that display digital versions of comics that are now in the public domain, because luckily, these probably are.

For example, I could find Sterling comics cbrs on this site (but apart from what you have already found, nothing else in it it seems) :

https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=840

Sterling didn't have many books running, so I wouldn't be surprised the unidentified pages weren't published by them. 

Edited by Ecclectica