• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS: SECRET WARS (2025)
2 2

83 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2022 at 10:25 PM, Xenosmilus said:

What are people's predictions as to will there be a Beyonder = SW1984 or Beyonder(s) = SW 2015? I'm thinking they may use a Beyonder since they could develop that character VS another race of aliens. 

I think the beyonder part will be small and more about Doom getting the power

On 6/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, Xenosmilus said:

There is nowhere for Doom to grow after that though!

Well he could lose it and then he’s on to the next power grab 

On 6/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Xenosmilus said:

What are people's predictions as to will there be a Beyonder = SW1984 or Beyonder(s) = SW 2015? I'm thinking they may use a Beyonder since they could develop that character VS another race of aliens. 

No Beyonder.

It will be Doom who somehow does a power grab and becomes God Doom, which leads into him being the big bad of Phase 5. 

On 6/23/2022 at 8:39 AM, Xenosmilus said:

There is nowhere for Doom to grow after that though!

What if the next 4-5 movies all tease or cameo Doom and the payoff is Secret Wars part 1 and 2?

On 5/16/2022 at 9:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

Spider-man gets the black costume 80's Secret Wars?

Incursion Secret Wars and we get Miles Morales at the end?

Nick Fury's "Secret War"

Combination of two?

Combination of all three?

I would like to see this. 

None. Apparantly something involving Kang and Loki. I suppose not terrible but wonder why they would call that secret wars? 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:06 PM, ExNihilo said:

I see increased talk about people buying Marvels Super Heroes: Secret Wars (1984) because of the title.  But I'm under the impression that the movie is taking its inspiration from 2015 Secret Wars.  Is there something I'm missing?

Unfortunately no....other than the likelyhood Kang will be deeply involved. Unless he was in the 2015 which I have no idea about?

Edited by MGsimba77

On 7/23/2022 at 8:20 PM, MGsimba77 said:

None. Apparantly something involving Kang and Loki. I suppose not terrible but wonder why they would call that secret wars? 

I'm thinking/hoping that Doom will be revealed in the Fantastic Four movie.  If you're doing 2015 Secret Wars, I just don't think you can do it with out Doom.  I'm honestly surprised Kang is getting his own Avengers movie because up until this point, I had just assumed that he would be this character that almost guides the viewer on matters related to time travel and the multiverse.  Like he would be a support character and serve as a minor antagonist.  I dunno.  Secret Wars is the culmination of my absolute favorite run so I'm really hoping it's done properly.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:22 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Also, is there a Kang connection with Secret Wars because these movies were announced like Infinity War/Endgame - like 2 parts of one story.

I'm assuming while not expressly announced as a Part I, Part II, the timing of their releases must indicate that they're going to film at the same time.  I do think they're too close to each other.  Like I hope the VFX teams have enough time to put in quality effects.  And also just because Secret Wars (to me) should be much larger in scope.  I get that we can't keep doing these 10 year long epics like the Infinity Saga, but somehow a story that wraps up in 3 years feels too short to me.

On 6/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, Xenosmilus said:

No Beyonder at all.

He is going to be in Moon Girl, described as a mischievous type character. Really, the 80s outdated Beyonder can't fit in the MCU. If you include Beyonder, then what does that make Galactus?

On 7/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Good bet this "secret wars" will have very little connection to the 1984. It'll just be another Avengers movie.... so unless they involve Doom somehow....yawn 😴

I have a ton of 84 secret wars stuff, but I am thinking the story will pull from Hickman's run. You may see some iconic scenes taken from the 84 series, but it won't be based on it.