• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Shipping Prices too expensive!?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

The last time - and I mean the last time - I had a bunch of books shipped to me in Australia from heritage it cost $350 via FedEx. To make matters worse, I got hit with sales tax of another $270 at the border, despite Heritage having already applied that. It took me two months to get that refunded.

That was pretty much the end of me buying from the US. The combination of a declining exchange rate and ever increasing shipping costs has pretty much killed off my collecting mojo.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:59 PM, cheta42 said:

Hello all.

I have been away from collecting for a few years. The last few months I have some had time to start collecting again. Yesterday I won an auction for a single book unslabbed with a value under $250.

I called Heritage today and they sent me 2 quo notes for shipping to Ontario Canada.

My 2 choices were way overpriced.

Here they are:

HA PREFERRED (FedEx or UPS)

$                                            89.88

**USPS INTL PRIORITY MAIL

ISI REQUIRED

$                                            50.46

This is crazy and gouging . I purchased a book from a great boardie  Croc Hunter 2 weeks ago and he got me shipping for $22.10 from the US to Canada.

What's with this pricing!?

I know inflation has caused increases, but this is ridiculous. I have asked for a similar quote from Heritage that I received from Croc Hunter.

I am awaiting Heritage's response.

you also have no control over when they actually ship the item. Imagine paying $89.99 USD for the HA PREFERRED (FEDEX) option you listed but then they don't ship it for 3 months! Went through this late last year, was annoying.

On 5/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, Artboy99 said:

you also have no control over when they actually ship the item. Imagine paying $89.99 USD for the HA PREFERRED (FEDEX) option you listed but then they don't ship it for 3 months! Went through this late last year, was annoying.

Do you still buy from them?