• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color rub or something else?
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I deal mostly with 9.4-9.8 modern books and this one has something that I haven't seen. Structurally, this comic would be a 9.6/9.8 with a pressing but I don't know how the colored marks on the front and back covers would be characterized or graded. On Homer's right middle finger on the front cover are two red marks that perfectly parallel one another and are about a 1/2 inch long. On the back cover, the marks are in the same spot but are blue (look at the "Y" in SPOOKY) and less prominent.

Is this some type of color rub? I have very little experience with such phenomena and I'm hoping to learn. Thanks!

2022-05-18-18-24-2-01.jpg

2022-05-18-18-25-57-01.jpg

IMG_1423.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg

Took me way too long to find the word SPOOKY on the back cover.  I think I was expecting it to be one of the larger font words.  Maybe I ought to see a doc.  And that second photo looks upside down to me. 

Oh wait....it is upside down.  That's a relief.