• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color rub on the rear cover of a brand new book?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello there!

I've never sent anything for grading, but I planned it in the near future. I just got a kenobi 1:25 variant, it's brand new, but the rear cover has this color defect (also the top left corner is bended / creased a bit, whatever). Everything else looks perfect to me. Is it worth to send it for grading, or will these defects drop it way below 9.6? Thank you!

IMG-3260.jpg

IMG-3259.jpg

You will not receive a NM+ 9.6 with the corner bend which appears to break color, the overall condition of the book will determine how much of a grade hit the book will take due to the bend/crease.

If you want an approx. overall grade I would suggest you post in the...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

You will need sharp/clear pics of the entire book, front/back/inside/outside of covers, spine, corners, centerfold.

9.6 NEAR MINT+  Almost imperceptible indentations are permissible, but no creases, bends, or color break. 

9.4 NEAR MINT  Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16" bend is permitted with no color break.

9.2 NEAR MINT-  Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break. 

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT  An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases. 

8.0 VERY FINE  An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, marvelmaniac said:

You will not receive a NM+ 9.6 with the corner bend which appears to break color, the overall condition of the book will determine how much of a grade hit the book will take due to the bend/crease.

If you want an approx. overall grade I would suggest you post in the...

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

You will need sharp/clear pics of the entire book, front/back/inside/outside of covers, spine, corners, centerfold.

9.6 NEAR MINT+  Almost imperceptible indentations are permissible, but no creases, bends, or color break. 

9.4 NEAR MINT  Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16" bend is permitted with no color break.

9.2 NEAR MINT-  Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break. 

9.0 VERY FINE/NEAR MINT  An 1/8" bend is allowed if color is not broken. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted but no creases. 

8.0 VERY FINE  An unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken. 

Yes, in the meantime I realized I posted in the wrong category. 
Thank you very much for the help!