• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Learn from a Legend

30 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Please enlighten us 

Just check his Twitter. The dude is coming unhinged. Any criticism of his work is met with a basic accusation of racism or some "smelling his own farts" response about how they just don't understand his vision.

This comes to mind. A patent leather clad dominatrix is hardly the androgynous Lucifer that was based on David Bowie. But if you dont like it, you're just a right wing nut job

Screenshot_20220521-132233-177.png.59c6a4549087c443eb386f28f5033b76.png

On 5/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, Nic8612 said:

Just check his Twitter. The dude is coming unhinged. Any criticism of his work is met with a basic accusation of racism or some "smelling his own farts" response about how they just don't understand his vision.

This comes to mind. A patent leather clad dominatrix is hardly the androgynous Lucifer that was based on David Bowie. But if you dont like it, you're just a right wing nut job

Screenshot_20220521-132233-177.png.59c6a4549087c443eb386f28f5033b76.png

Seeing what Neil supports is consistent with who I believe he’s been the last 30-40 years 

Did you read Sandman at all? 

to suggest that he’s been doing this for a “payday” seems incorrect 

It would appear more that you disagree with his ideas and that’s ok, but let’s not disguise it as calling him a sellout 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Seeing what Neil supports is consistent with who I believe he’s been the last 30-40 years 

Did you read Sandman at all? 

to suggest that he’s been doing this for a “payday” seems incorrect 

It would appear more that you disagree with his ideas and that’s ok, but let’s not disguise it as calling him a sellout 

I'm a bit of a fanIMG_20220521_084435.thumb.jpg.fcc798d1c8da7bcb1ed3ae3e74c5fe12.jpg

On 5/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, Nic8612 said:

I don't use Twitter, but on your recommendation I just went to his Twitter and scrolled through pages and pages of posts.  Didn't see anything offensive--just a bunch of art and a lot of positivity.  Only "unhinged" thing I'm seeing here is your post.  

On 5/21/2022 at 11:07 PM, Poekaymon said:

I don't use Twitter, but on your recommendation I just went to his Twitter and scrolled through pages and pages of posts.  Didn't see anything offensive--just a bunch of art and a lot of positivity.  Only "unhinged" thing I'm seeing here is your post.  

Never said he was being offensive, just that this is likely to be his next big work

hitlerbook.thumb.jpeg.2779b484f74b2151c3a72c0a074e7e55.jpeg

On 5/21/2022 at 1:47 PM, Banroy Clothing said:

Go read Promethea and Top 10 instead of mincing about (thumbsu

Yeah good stuff, and I even liked Neonomicon and Providence.

It seems if people write anything other than superhero comics, most everyone here forgets about them.